Community discussions

MikroTik App

Pichi
just joined
Topic Author

How to get two WLAN cards to work independantly

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:02 pm

Hello Again,

I have a working Hotspot on my RB150 that uses one of the two AR5413 WLAN cards installed on the board. The hotspot network (which is masqueraded) sits on its own LAN outside the firewall for guests to get Internet access at our offices. This is working fine.

So that leaves me with another WLAN card to use for internal use; for me and my co-workers with laptops to get access to our servers and yes, we will need to get to the Internet too.

So I had a look at the documentaion and saw something about policy routing that I could not get to work. I had a look around the forums and saw people using mark routing but I was unable to make that work either. I know that its a matter of routing but I have only been using this OS since Monday and I need a little help.

Thanks for any advice or help you can give,

Pete

Giepie

Re: How to get two WLAN cards to work independantly

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:05 pm

Do you really need the hotspot to run on both interfaces?

Cant you setup the hotspot interface as a hotspot, and the other interface as a normal AP (no hotspot) and use WEP encryption on it? All you need in that case is an IP address on the interface and a DHCP server for that interface. Be sure to first remove all the hotspot settings, IP Pools and DHCP server settings for THAT interface.
G