Community discussions

MikroTik App

Pikoro
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

WDS across multiple ports on a single MT and loss of TCP

Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:54 am

Just curious, I have a MT at the center of a WDS network that has 4 wlan ports.

Everything is working fine (more or less) but just a quick question as to what the optimal mode should be for each of the ports.

Right now, I have all 4 ports set to ap-bridge (since they each serve a different quadrant of the coverage area). I have also run it with wlan1 set as ap-bridge and the other 3 as wds-slave.

I have not noticed any real difference between the 2 configurations, but one thing i did notice is the wlan ports all connecting to each other. In the wireless registration list, I see 3 extra connections on each port, one for each of the other 3 wlan ports.

Any suggestions?

On a slightly different note, same installation:

I have a total of 22 clients, all are MT boxes in station-wds mode with a couple of them acting as bridges for a couple of others.

I have basically lost tcp communication to each mikrotik, however I can mac-telnet fine. winbox attempts to connect via mac address but once winbox opens, it closes after about 3 seconds. A TCP connection to the box either times out or opens winbox with nothing filled in and times out after about 60 seconds.

All connections are stable at between -36db and -60db. UDP traffic is flowing from security cameras attached to each MT and the video shows up fine.

Just curious if anyone has run across anything similar.

Thanks in advance.

druger
just joined

Re: WDS across multiple ports on a single MT and loss of TCP

Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:56 am

if u use dynamic WDS mode
try to make it static i try it and it's working fine without disconnections or timeouts

Pikoro
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 am

I am using static wds and access/connect lists to limit who connects to who

Pikoro
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:04 pm

Call me an idiot.

When creating an IP address on a MT, RouterOS automatically sets the ip as (for example) 10.5.0.10/32 when it should be /24.