MikroTik App

antonioff
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

PPPoE peer is not responding on more point-to-point

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi all,
I have a problem with pppoe connection when many passes through wireless connections, the customer connects with pppoe for the first 30 seconds, so good then the connection stops to disconnect, peer is not responding.
Instead the same connection on a point-to-point does not create any problem

Consiglate what?

Wmillo
just joined

Re: PPPoE peer is not responding on more point-to-point

Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Maybe link wireless problem (ccq < 40%)

adigei
just joined

Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm

I will keep on posting that something is bad about PPPoE in RouterOS. Even if this braindamages you guys and i understand that you are working hard to do a good job the output is bad my dears, at least at this pppoe thing.

I am elso experiencing peer is not responding issues. At first I didn't take it into account but now more and more customers are complaining.
One setup is RB450G with 60 utp connected clients 20->60 Mbps down, 10->20 Mbps up, but traffic doesn't really matter as far as i see. It occurs at 10 Mbps and also at 60 Mbps at the same rate. While running RP-PPPoE on Ubuntu Linux i did not ran into this problem, and now i will go back to that setup.

Other setup is RB433 with 40 clients - on mixed 2.4 and 5 Ghz lan.

After implementing all the network with Mikrotik pppoe servers i will be crying soon :((.

pbel88
just joined

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Peer is not responding with tens of PPPoE sessions that disconnect intermittently is still an issue for me. Thought it was a bridge problem first, so I separated the PPPoE service trough ether interface but still same issue. Does someone have found a fix or do I have to switch to another solution than Mikrotik.

Regards

jackwisp
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:05 am

The same problem here, running RouterOS 4.16 over a 450G with 30 sessions, and over x86 hardware with 240 sessions. I have a top ten users with tons of "...peer is not responding..." disconetions, but not relations between those users (diferents APs, diferents CPEs models, etc), but the same PPPoE Server.

Now upgrading to 4.17 to see if any change...

Regards,
Jack.

bluwest
just joined

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Same issues here, and the users are not even close to being related. Infact they are on seperate backhauls from my headend.

laithmikrotik

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:59 pm

hi every one ...i also have this proplem ...just see my issue picture. is the proplem from the routerboard 433 or from the wireless transmission ???!!!please need the answer....by the way i have just 5 internet users using pppoe connection with my rb 433

I LIKE MIKROTIK

Inssomniak

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:26 am

I have 600 PPPoE users and dont see this unless there is something wrong with their connection (wireless signal bad/interference, etc)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rini
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon May 06, 2013 4:42 pm

same problem here
any one found an answer for this problem