Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

farringtonm
just joined
Topic Author

RB 333 keeps rebooting

Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:45 pm

I have 2 RB 333's in a point to point scenario. We did not have this finalized and in production but I did setup the connection. One day when I was doing bandwidth tests from the station to the AP it appeared that the AP rebooted. This happened a couple of times so I planned on looking at the AP the next day. When the next day came and I was on the AP doing some further bandwidth tests it again started to reboot on me. I got back in to it and so I started looking at various settings to see if I could find something that was wrong in the config. I was looking at the different TX power settings and it rebooted again on me. Now it appears to be in an endless cycle of rebooting and Im not sure if something happened to the configuration or if something is wrong with the board itself. This board is mounted on a tower and what I would like to know is if there is a way to do a master reset from the ground and or if there is something I can do to regain access to the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated in this matter of my urgency.

PS. Feel free to pm me if you wish to ask questions and we can set something up

Michael Farrington

glodif
just joined

Re: RB 333 keeps rebooting

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 pm

I have the same problem too. any body to help!!! :? :? :?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:23 am

what wireless cards are you using?
what power supply? If POE how long is the ethernet cable?
after reboot do you see a autosupout.rif file generated?
how often does it happens and what do you do to reproduce it?

Please contact to support@mikrotik.com with answers to those questions.

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:41 am

Hi there,

both the XR2 and the XR5 need LOTS of juice to run properly. Some months back we had this same issue when upgrading from SR to XR cards on our RB's. (throughput slow, clients drop off randomly and yes sometimes the RB would spontanously reboot when doing a bandwidth test over the XR wireless)

the problems we were experiencing was fixed when we replaced the PSU for a 24v 3A switched adapter on the RB's that had XR's added.

Its also worth noting that RB's with more than one wireless card just fart around unless they have at least 18V going in (12v dont cut it!) its best to have 24v.
Keep tryin' its bound to work!!
-----
-----
ROOT@COSMOS> Reality.sys corrupted -- Reboot Universe (Y/N)?
>_