Community discussions

MikroTik App

illiniwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

signals dropping please help

Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:49 pm

I have a rb600 with 4 senao cards in ap mode and 3 cards go to pac wireless omni sector and the other to 9 dbi mesh omni. I originally had a 12 dbi omni in place of the 9 and all was well for about a month and then all signals dropped about 10 db. So I assumed the wireless card was losing sensitivity. Once weather was nice enough I climbed all 300 feet and replaced the card and the antenna (put the 9 in place of 12 because of slowly switching all clients to sectors on 5mhz channels and current client equipment wasn't capable of smaller channel so all the farther out clients have been switched so far). Once off of tower I reconfigured the wireless interface and all clients had a better signal ( only 2 with a -80 and the rest were -60's and -70's). The very next morning I had 3 clients @ -92 and 20 clients in the -80 zone. The antenna was sealed with the proper tape and the antenna I replaced appeared to be dry in the connector and the inside of my enclosure was dry so what is going on. If you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: signals dropping please help

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:22 pm

----
Hai fren,
yes, when your wireless iface decrease until 10 db or more better when replace with new one. last year ago i had twice to replace my wireless interface, normally my unwire stable when signal goes from -79 ~ -44 with 2,4Ghz band :wink:

regards
Hasbullah.com
----

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:53 pm

this can happen if you set manual power for the wireless card, you slowly destroy it. also this can happen during storms, or when you run the card for some time without antenna attached

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:28 pm

----
hello fren,
yes, ofcourse we had storm at next 300 meters from an antenna. and last 8 months ago i had directly to my tower. we have many radios but only one broken .. Thanks to my GOD :o [I had lucky man.....], cause that's storm short and very quickly to the grounding.... / earth.

regards
Hasbullah.com
----
this can happen if you set manual power for the wireless card, you slowly destroy it. also this can happen during storms, or when you run the card for some time without antenna attached

illiniwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. The power for all the wireless interfaces are on default and as far as storms go it is possible I suppose. There was a small storm go through when the first radio was damaged but when the second radio went there was only rain and no lightning. Both antennas were new from pacwireless and are screwed to the bottom of the box with the radios in it. The sector antenna is above the box. I would have thought if it was due to lightning it would have affected the other cards as well. However I know lightning can due strange things. Although this does not explain why the second card quit in less than 24 hours. I do have a competetor that is on the tower with me and is trying to get sole rights to the tower. Is there any way that he could have damaged the card with highpower equipment. He originally put 2.4 canopy gear on the tower and caused most of my clients to only have 100kbits throughput and some to disconnect altogether. He is now using 900mhz canopy. Thanks

nemecio

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:16 am

Hi Normis,

:shock: :o You mean you damage your cards whe you set them to manual power even if it is to make them go to lower output?

How do I go about lowering the power output to comply with country regulations?

Saludos from Mexico.

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:25 am

----
Hai Fren,

yes, you are right . . . . or
easy and simple man, . . . . . just move from it country. . . . . . :lol:
so sorry man . . . . peace !!!!!!

regards
Hasbullah.com
-----
.........................w do I go about lowering the power output to comply with country regulations?
Saludos from Mexico.

nemecio

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:42 am

----
Hai Fren,

yes, you are right . . . . or
easy and simple man, . . . . . just move from it country. . . . . . :lol:
so sorry man . . . . peace !!!!!!

regards
Hasbullah.com
-----
.........................w do I go about lowering the power output to comply with country regulations?
Saludos from Mexico.
thanks balimore....

illiniwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:08 pm

After speaking with a few of my customers I found that the rain shower I got at home was a storm 15 miles away which is where this system is located. I had waited 2 months to change the card due to weather and the very day I change it we get a storm and knock out the card. What are the chances? Thank goodness it is only 300 feet high HA HA.

Thanks all.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:04 am

NO! of course I only mean increasing the power

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:32 am

-----
@normis

I visited and read at agenda of MUM site for juny 08, and you will come to my paradise land, isn't ... it?
if yes, i will registration MUM of juny_2008 for. . . . :winK:

your friend
Hasbullah.com
-----

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:36 am

sure balimore, see you in indonesia !

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:45 am

----
Thanks best friend,

when you have more time, please visit to my place, normally UBUD is first destination tourism for. but i have 50 menutes distance by car from it MUM place to my village,
again, thanks for your quick answer.... see you !!! :wink:

best friend
Hasbullah.com
-----
sure balimore, see you in indonesia !

nemecio

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi Normis!

Should i understand that is increasing the power manually that can damage the card or lowering the power output..

Saludos from mexico

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Should i understand that is increasing the power manually that can damage the card
yes, manually increasing the card power can damage the card. be very careful when doing this, or better just use "default" card power, or lower