MikroTik App

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Problems with Tranzeo client on Mikrotik AP's [RESOLVED]

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:28 pm

All,

I've been experiencing connectivity issues with some of our 2.4GHz access points where we have a mixture of Mikrotik and Tranzeo CPE's. One of our access point has ~50 clients on it, about 15 that are Mikrotik and the remainder are Tranzeo TR-CPQ's. Periodically the Tranzeo will simultaneously disconnect. Could be after 12hrs, sometimes after 3hrs of connectivity. It's not just one client its all Tranzeo clients. The mikrotik CPE's are not effected and seem to maintain their connection.

I've seen this on a few of our other 2.4GHz access points as well.

The consistent symptoms are:

-All Tranzeo CPEs disconnect simultaneously (Mikrotik CPE's are not effected)
-Seems to only happen in the 2.4GHz spectrum
-Most if not all cases have a polluted spectrum (there's quite a few other 2.4GHz devices in the area)

I've tried the basics, changing channels, swapping existing physical components for known good components, tweaking other settings within ROS, upgrading firmware on Tranzeo's, all to no avail.

I'm of the mindset it has something to do with the amount of 2.4GHz noise in the area, and the Tranzeo's just aren't coping with it as well as the mikrotik do. Just wanted to check to see if anyone else has experienced these symptoms and possibly had an easy fix other than swapping all clients to Mikrotik CPE's. I'd love to do that so I could enable nstreme, but its just not practical to change the volume of subscribers we have on tranzeo's all at once.

Thanks,

------------------------------
EDIT:

Changing hardware retries to 4 seems to have fixed this problem prior to changing the setting the longest association from a Tranzeo device was ~12hrs.. Now I have Tranzeo units connected for 2+days straight. Appear to be fixed.
Last edited by wildbill442 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webformix

Re: Problems with Tranzeo client on Mikrotik AP's

Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:19 am

I believe we may be seeing the same issues. Check out my post, Client Disconnect Issues

Take a look at your logs and see if you're having any of the same errors I've listed in my post. Make sure you turn on wireless debugging so that you get all the error messages.

We have yet to find a solution for this issue, and no one at Mikrotik seems to care to respond. I wish they would just tell me what the errors mean!

jwcn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problems with Tranzeo client on Mikrotik AP's

Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:13 am

Change hardware retries to 4