Community discussions

MikroTik App

adm1329
just joined
Topic Author

Changing config on Multiple AP's

Mon May 19, 2008 10:16 pm

First if this is posted somewhere else please forgive me for asking again. I did a quick search and didn't find anything similar being asked.

I work in a school system where we have recently replaced one of our Cisco Routers with a RB532. I love the RB and I'm installing an Atheros AR5413 card into it to provide wireless in that area. I'd like to look at using something along the lines of a RB133C with the Atheros AR5413 in new wireless applications in the school, we're currently using Cisco 1131 AG's so it would be a huge cost savings. My only concern is that I want to be able to manage the configs in one place, that way we don't forget to change one AP when we change the config, or mistype a setting in the config. Can I have the 133c's look back to the 532 for the config, or something similar, and if so, how?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Changing config on Multiple AP's

Wed May 21, 2008 4:12 pm

One of the way to use export file. You can create export file, that will contain configuration for 'interface wireless'.
Just write commands into txt file, then it is possible to copy configuration commands directly from notepad window to router console.

adm1329
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 21, 2008 10:14 pm

not the answer I was hoping for, but at least it is a start.

jorj

Thu May 29, 2008 5:16 pm

Exercise caution, export also stores the MAC address currently on interface cards, so when copying wireless config, take that into account. :)

davidw
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:17 pm

First if this is posted somewhere else please forgive me for asking again. I did a quick search and didn't find anything similar being asked.

I work in a school system where we have recently replaced one of our Cisco Routers with a RB532. I love the RB and I'm installing an Atheros AR5413 card into it to provide wireless in that area. I'd like to look at using something along the lines of a RB133C with the Atheros AR5413 in new wireless applications in the school, we're currently using Cisco 1131 AG's so it would be a huge cost savings. My only concern is that I want to be able to manage the configs in one place, that way we don't forget to change one AP when we change the config, or mistype a setting in the config. Can I have the 133c's look back to the 532 for the config, or something similar, and if so, how?

I had a similar issue and wanted to ensure that all settings were uniform throughout.

The end result was http://www.routertools.com.au hope it helps.