MikroTik App

beepee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Configuring ROS as a router, HowTo

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi guys,
Am currentlly at a site where I need to setup the system there as a repeaters station.
I have a client radio with which I connect to the main wireless network(DHCP+Hotspot on the network).
With that radio, I can access internet on my laptop.
Now, I want to configure the Mik server I have here to forward all request to the main network through the client radio.
The client radio is connected to the Mik server and the Mik server is also able to access the internet but other clients on the other NIC cannot access the main network and the internet.
I want the server to work as a router without NATting so that individual client can get authenticated by the main server.
I have set the ip address and the default route (0.0.0.0/0) and the default route is pointing to the IP of the main server.
Can somebody help me out.

eneimi

Re: Configuring ROS as a router, HowTo

Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:37 pm

You'll have to be a bit more specific. Please correct me:

1. You have a DHCP/hotspot server at base (what equipment?)
2. You have a remote client radio that accesses the internet through the setup in 1. above (what equipment?)
3. You have a 'mikrotik server' connected to the client radio (by ethernet i presume?). What sort of equipment is this? You can brwse with the mikrotik server but not with the other NICs? I have an idea what you're talking about, but being a bit more specific would help.

beepee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Configuring ROS as a router, HowTo

Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:01 am

Thankx Eneimi

1. You have a DHCP/hotspot server at base (what equipment?)
Mikrotik ROS(running DHCP with Hotspot) on P3(Main server) system with Alcon 1watt radio as AP connected by ethernet
2. You have a remote client radio that accesses the internet through the setup in 1. above (what equipment?)
Alcon CPE with 95% signal strength to the AP.
3. You have a 'mikrotik server' connected to the client radio (by ethernet i presume?).
Yes, (Remote Router1)
4. What sort of equipment is this?
Alcon CPE, the one used in 2 above.
5. You can brwse with the mikrotik server but not with the other NICs?
Yes, (Remote Router1)
I have an idea what you're talking about, but being a bit more specific would help.
Thanks in adv.