Community discussions

MikroTik App

heiko_s
Topic Author

Interested in a european WISP "confederation" net ?

Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:40 am

Hi folks,
as the disussions of mobile roaming charges of cellphones in the european countries are always hot and especially in the focus of the politicians, what about forming a european WISP net in which our customers can roam without paying additional money?

Over here in Germany, we have a great response from WISPs to work together on a german WISP "confederation" - but why not thinking a little bigger?
Wouldn't it be great to show your customer on your website where in the european community the can connect to the net with their known credentials - free of charge ?

It would, due to the harmonized laws in the ETSI, not too difficult to establish, nevertheless the technical realisation will be a challenge for us an mikrotik and should be disussed after the general question ;o)

I think the microtik Forum is a plattform of many WISPs, european / worldwide, so why don't discuss here?

As i mentioned, in Germany we are working on it, what about your country?
Please let us know if you are interested in such a federation or if not, for what reason?
Pointing at problems, showing of show-stoppers are also appreciated ;o)

So let's start the discussion 8)
(don't forget to post from which country you're from)

Best regards
Heiko

i-noob
just joined

Re: Interested in a european WISP "confederation" net ?

Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:53 am

german WISP "confederation"
I'm from germany and Wisp ..never heared about ''german WISP "confederation" i remeber back the time i started my firm..
the guys from greenspot came arround my office .
They planed something like this //don't now if they still alive/ but i can tell that this guys where nothing than ignorant .

Generally a german ore better eu group of wisps as well as vendors and resellers of hardware is a good idea but there
are many other things wisps could work together. How about all this EU / esti rgulations wich make it near impossible
to use the new upper 5ghz band and loads of other pedandtic stuff wich make live hard as a Wisp in EU land , a group always have a better lobby and it may helps to stop some Local ore EU officials to come around each month with other useless
regulations.
You can find serval posts here about such problems we facing this days.

heiko_s
Topic Author

Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:53 am

Hi,
please send an email regarding the german "confederation" - this should not be discussed over here ;o)

regards
Heiko
Last edited by heiko_s on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

i-noob
just joined

Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi,
schreib mir doch bitte eine email, damit ich Dir antworten kann - hab ein paar Infos.
keinemailsbitte-1_AT_yahoo.de (wegwerfadresse - hab keine Lust auf Spam - nach dem mailschreiben bitte kurze info im Forum)
Ich antworte Dir dann mit meiner korrekten mail.

Gruß
Heiko
hab dir eine pm hinterlassen aber du solltest wirklich mal ein wenig hier lesen es gibt wirklich einige wichtigere dinge als roaming

ore in en

send you a pm but you should realy spend some time here and raed there are lots of other problems for wisps in EU..roamingagrements are not that high on the list for the most EU guys here.

heiko_s
Topic Author

Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:55 am

Hi Stefan,
thanks for your mail. A reply is on the way to you ;o)
regards Heiko