MUM Europe 2020

Pepo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

silkroad

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:07 am

hi all,
I'm using mikrotik hotspot and pppoe servers in the same server and some of my customers wants to play some online games like silk road,
so i want what is the best log in method that i give them ( hotspot or pppoe )
and i want to ask about its port and what i do to let that game more interactive and give it more priority :lol:

nitrium
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: silkroad

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:09 am

I think the connection mode isnt that important but about the ports, just torch the client while he is trying to connect to the game, so write down the utilized ports, and make that about 4 times to ensure that its not picking some random ports over a pool port. Then you mangle those packets and give them high priority.

Pepo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 am

Thanks my friend,
but i want to ask you for a quick example for many other services like yahoo, msn and skype chatting messengers, which i want to perioritoriez its packet to high level.
please answer my questions by a quick examples
:lol:

nitrium
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Well, for msn you can use mangle to mark connection of port 1863 and 6891-6901 both udp and tcp and later mark packet using the connection marked above like that:

95 ;;; MSN #########################################################################################################################
chain=prerouting action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=msnC passthrough=yes dst-port=6891-6901 protocol=tcp connection-mark=liberados

96 chain=prerouting action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=msnC passthrough=yes dst-port=6891-6901 protocol=udp connection-mark=liberados

97 chain=prerouting action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=msnC passthrough=yes dst-port=1863 protocol=tcp connection-mark=liberados

98 chain=prerouting action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=msnC passthrough=yes dst-port=1863 protocol=udp connection-mark=liberados

99 chain=prerouting action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=msnC passthrough=yes dst-port=5190 protocol=udp connection-mark=liberados

100 chain=prerouting action=mark-packet new-packet-mark=msn passthrough=yes connection-mark=msnC

101 chain=prerouting action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=2MB Traffic passthrough=no packet-mark=msn

and then use the packet marked in your QoS like that:

0 name="QoS" parent=global-total packet-mark="" limit-at=0 queue=default priority=1 max-limit=0 burst-limit=0 burst-threshold=0 burst-time=0s

8 name="msn" parent=QoS packet-mark=msn limit-at=0 queue=default priority=3 max-limit=0 burst-limit=0 burst-threshold=0 burst-time=0s

use it as example to use other rules... pay attention to the rule number 0 on QoS, its a global rule where other rules use it as parent.

I hope it help!

iam8up

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:00 pm

This is what I have at home. Works beautifully (priority for games, web traffic, p2p, etc)

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/3534/likethisru9.gif

Pepo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:23 am

Thanks all,
ok, well done
this is for msn, what about others like yahoo and skype ???
:lol: