Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

jacoblydon
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

WPA security question

Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:33 pm

I have just implemented WPA on our MIkroTik network. Everything went great except for one hotspot I have connected as a client of our main AP. The hotspot is setup as a point to point on one radio card and then an AP on the other wireless card. The users are setup as username and password clients. I tried to set WPA on only the AP radio, it seems to take presidence on both cards which is causing a problem. I had to disable WPA on our network until I come up with a solution to this problem. Is there a way I can set WPA on the Point to Point and not the AP of the client radio? Thanks for any suggestions

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: WPA security question

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:56 am

Make sure that configuration is matching on both ends.

jacoblydon
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Sergejs, thank you for your reply. Yes everything is the same on the client end and the Access Point. I have altered the default setting in security profiles. I have dynamic keys enabled, WPA PSK, WPA2 PSK are enabled, unicast is set to TKIP and group is set to TKIP, and I have the same security phrase on all clients and Access Points. Do you see any problems with this config?

Chofex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:31 am

You should try creating a Virtual AP.
On that interface, pick the security profile you need, and connect with the point to point link to that interface (obviously, you'll need to use a different SSID)