MikroTik App

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Public IPs need

Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi,

I have a point to point link from my main office and a remote office. I need to put public IPs to the servers located in the remote office.

How can I put them? I have the public IPs in my main office.

In the main office I have a mikrotik with AP bridge mode and in the remote I have a mikrotik with station mode.

I need to avoid making NAT in the remote office. It is possible?

Thanks,
Martín

galaxynet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Public IPs need

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Ibersystems -

This is more of a 'beginner' question than a wireless question.

Basically what you would need to do it route a subnet of your public IP block to your remote office. There on the 'local' side of the MT station, you would place the Public IP gateway you routed to the MT station.

For example...You have 1.1.1.0/24 as a public network IP in your main office.
You carve out a smaller block for the remote office use - let's say 1.1.1.32/27 (This gives you 1.1.1.33 - 1.1.1.62 as usable IPs).

In your main router you put in a route 1.1.1.32/27 gateway=the LAN IP to your MT AP that points to your remote office

Main office AP to client - add a route here that says 1.1.1.32/27 gateway=WLAN IP of your remote office MT station.

Remote MT Station, on the local LAN side put 1.1.1.33/27 as it's IP. Now you can put 1.1.1.34 - 62 on the servers in the remote office with their gateway being 1.1.1.33 and the subnet is the /27

Need more information - then you'll probably need to read up on general routing, read the ROS 3 manual - available here on MT's site. There are several wiki's that deal with the generalities of routing and subnetting - so go read the appropriate wiki's.

R/