MikroTik App

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Video Over WDS links. Best way?

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi all,

what is the best way to pass VideoIP across mikrotiks?

I'll have my LAN main point with 2xRB433AH with 2xsector antennas and 2xXR5.

I'll have 6 remote nodes with 6xRB411AH connected to a switch with 5 IP cameras connected to it.

Its better AP-client mode, AP-pseudobridge, WDS?

My IPs will be 192.168.1.1-2 in main point fot the 2xRB433AH and I need to avoid routing between cameras and main point.

Thanks,

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Video Over WDS links. Best way?

Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:42 am

How you setup the accesspoints depends entirely on your local network setup, thou I know i can stream hi-def video over a 802.11a-turbo link with no problems.
Anywhere from 24mb*2/24mb*2 works for me (with 95%CCQ)

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi,

I have to set up my entire network. The network is only for the cams. No internet access.

I'll get the same cam performance with all wireless modes? I only need 4Mbps per cam, with a max number of cams of 5 in a Client AP side.

Thanks,

kiket
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi omega-00,

How do you send you hi-def video? point to point, or point to multipoint? I have a mulitcast network to serve iptv but only send correctly to one client when the second get a channel it make a pixeled image on other client for a fews second.

Thanks and sorry for the offtopic,

---SPANISH/ESPAÑOL----

Siento Martín el offtopic. Pero te comento que he realizado una instalación con unas 30 cámaras de vigilancia y los enlaces eran WDS. Varios enlaces con 2 a 4 cámaras por enlace transmitiendo 4mb por cámara. Todo con equipos RB532.

Un saludo,

Kike.

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:28 am

Thanks Kike! ; )

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:08 am

kiket I'm using a p2p link at the moment streaming around 10mbps on average.
Considering the speed I like to keep on the links I won't be making p2mp, I prefer to just use 2 radios on one AP or dual AP's if I need more.

kiket
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:38 am

Thanks omega.

Kiket

dipson

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:09 pm

I opted for WDS. I configured RB433AH as the base Station AP and I configured 6 crossroads AP as repeaters. So far I think the WLAN has been extended enough for the range required. I have a problem with the system. As I told you earlier, the network for the cameras is Server/Client Architecture. The Base Radio Access Point and the Server are hardwired to the swicth. The server runs Windows 2003 server. I can not see the cameras on the server but I can see them on my laptops through wireless Lan connection. When I connect my laptop to the switch with the WLAN disabled, I can not see the cameras as well. That is, I can see the cameras on the WLAN but not on the LAN. The cameras are wireless IP cameras. The cameras and the APs are all in the same IP network. What do you think the problem is in my design? Could it be with the Cameras'software? Please advise me as far as you can, especially with regards to Mikrotik radio and WDS configuration. Hope to receiving from you soonest.

Regards,
Oladipupo Salako

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:30 am

Hi!

try to make a bridge interface and put in the ether1 and the wlan of the crossroad. It will work!

Martín.

dipson

Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:11 am

Thank you. The RB433AH is connected to the switch, so it should be the RB433AH you wanted to say. Meanwhile, I had created a bridge interface and all the ports(wlan,ether,and all the WDS created are added on the bridge interface. On the IP Address, I added bridge interface(not Wlan nor WDS). On the repeaters, I use WDS interface on the Crossroad(repeaters). So far, I have followed to the latter all the instructions from the available manuals I downloaded(they are in number, with similar instructions) on Basic set-up, WDS, Bridge,etc.

Once again, the situation is that I can not view video on LAN but I can view video on WLAN.

Thank you.

Regards,
Dipson.

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:57 am

Hi, you should disable the wlan port in the bridge interface. Put only the WDS' interfaces. You can put the IP to the ether1 interface.

Regards,
Martín.

dipson

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:24 pm

Thank you. right from time, I did not add the Wlan1 to the bridge port. But I use bridge 1 on the IP Address as advised by most of the manuals having brigded all the interfaces. I have changed to ether1 but it seems nothing is working.

Regards,
Dipson

RK
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:16 am

Create bridge1 and put both wlan1 and ether1 in the bridge. Set AP as "AP bridge" and client as "station wds". Enable dynamic WDS on both sides and set the default bridge as bridge1. Done.