Community discussions

MikroTik App

dipson
Topic Author

Mikrotik APs for Wireless IP cameras: Share your experience

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:21 pm

I opted for WDS. I configured RB433AH as the base Station AP and I configured 6 crossroads AP as repeaters. So far I think the WLAN has been extended enough for the range required for the cameras. I have a problem with the system. As I told you earlier, the network for the cameras is Server/Client Architecture. The Base Radio Access Point and the Server are hardwired to the swicth. The server runs Windows 2003 server. I can not see the cameras on the server but I can see them on my laptops through wireless Lan connection. When I connect my laptop to the switch with the WLAN disabled, I can not see the cameras as well. That is, I can see the cameras on the WLAN but not on the LAN. The cameras are wireless IP cameras. The cameras and the APs are all in the same IP network. What do you think the problem is in my design? Could it be with the Cameras'software? Please advise me as far as you can, especially with regards to Mikrotik radio and WDS configuration. Hope to receiving from you soonest.

Regards,
Dipson

tierpath

Re: Mikrotik APs for Wireless IP cameras: Share your experience

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:42 pm

did you bridge the wlan network card to the onboard ethernet connected to the switch?

dipson
Topic Author

Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Not at all. On the bridge interface, the WDS are added (as in WDS1....WDSn) as well as the ether1. ether2 and ether3 are not added. On the IP address, bridge interface is added. That's all. Somebody said i should change the latter to ether1. I did and there was no changes.

Please somebody should come up with suggestions. good response from torch and Packet Sniffer.

Thank you

Regards,
Dipson

Gunzoid
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:44 am

Default Forward checked on your AP?

dipson
Topic Author

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:09 am

Thanks to you all for the contribution. The problem was that there was no communication between the WLAN interface and the ether interface of the radio. That has been resolved and the system works fine now. I can view the cameras on the server. Thank you once again.

Regards,
Dipson