For last 3-4 years i m delivering internet as a WISP in pure 2.4 ghz, i never used 5.7, or 5.8 ghz to deliver internet. to my customers.(but i hav 3-4 PTP links on 5.8 ghz) ,
NOW, as 2.4 ghz is getting crowded day by day and there is less non-overlapping channels. i found difficult to maintain the quality of my services. there is lot of disturbance in connectivity. i m looking to Install a Base station of 5.8 for my wireless customers.
- will 5.8 prove better for me.
- shd i used sector antenna, or just omni is sufficient.
- what CPE u would recommend. easy to install and stable too
- for AP i will choose RB 433AH and i will give a try to R5H
- CPE i hav to choose frm RB411+R 52 or UBNT- PS5, NS5
1. what is the concept of LOS in 5.8 bec in practical terms, i found 2.4 ghz CPE easily connecteven if the height is not sufficient for clear LOS.
2.what would be expected challenges in 5.8 when i used it in Point to Multipoint wireless connectivity.
3.what points shd be kept in mind to run a smooth wisp on 5.8 GHZ (point to multipoint wireless connections).