Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Fast link for Sentryscope. 21Megapixel camera.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone make something with a sentryscope cam? is a cam with 21MP and it comes with de videoserver. Records more or less 70 GB per day. This afternoon I will go to make a test, but if anyone have made a test with it I'll be pleased to learn how to make it work, because IPs that they give to me are 10.255.0.2/8 : /

I try to do it with 2xRB433 and 2 bonded wds links. I get 65 Mbps in TCP with 35% CPU, I think it is about 89,6 GB of transfer per day?

Thanks,

JR
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Fast link for Sentryscope. 21Megapixel camera.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:12 pm

what is the bandwidth size of the stream?

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:32 pm

They said that 80 Mbps but I don't think it was possible because the "official" sentryscope pack uses this:
http://www.wavesight.com/product_data_s ... _Sheet.pdf

Now I go to the costumer to make a test. I'll try to make it work. I write here the results.

Thanks,

JR
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:02 pm

) if
at 1st succeed=no

then
try-again=yes

(
:lol:

DogHead
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:11 pm

They look like they support 2fps max at 21MP. But no mention of compression algorithm, streaming engine protocol, etc or nominal bit rate at low mid and high motion.

If they are like everyone else, they use mjpeg with some sort of HTTP or FTP streaming (ie TCP) which will be lousy for wireless. You want to use a camera that supports H.264 with UDP transport. The wavemax product is nothing but standard 802.11a, so you should assume that they can only get max of about 60Mbps on a 40MHz channel under ideal conditions, not something you want to run your business on.

If wavemax supports, then MT should.

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi!

it should work with the new cam.

As they said in the legacy version of the cam (the cam we have) there is problems to works because of the IP addres used:
We have had problems with some wireless manufacturers equipment due to 10.255.0.0 address and the other selectable address. It was never the intention for SentryScope to be considered as a IP product, we used Ethernet on a dedicated link as it was a proven method to send data. Also at the time wireless was not able to offer the bandwidth's required for SentryScope.

However the good news we can use the wireless address of 10.255.0.0 with the Silvernet Wireless equipment www.silvernet.com

Silvernet did have some problems, they changed the firmware to accept the 10.255.0.0 and also the MAC exchange.
They use 10.255.0.0 for the computer that is viewing the cam.. I make a link with 2RB411 with pseudobridge and without IPs but it doesn't work neither. I hope that with the complete cam pack we can make it work! : D!

thanks,