Community discussions

MikroTik App

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

what is the max AP's in WDS-mesh

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:37 am

I have a large Hotel Porject I am submitting an estimate for, I have used the RB CrossRoads in WDS-mesh on some of my past clients, usually at the most they have required 5 to 7 AP's in dynamic WDS, this has worked beautiful but now I am facing a large hotel that would require roughly 15-20 AP's and I was wondering if this setup will still work in WDS-mesh or if I should design this differently? what kind of bandwidth limitations will i face with more AP's in this config?

Thanks in advance for your time people.

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: what is the max AP's in WDS-mesh

Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:50 am

anyone know how many AP in WDS mesh can be used together?

Thank you

rmichael
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:19 am

anyone know how many AP in WDS mesh can be used together?

Thank you
Since all WDS nodes transmit on the same freq. the limiting factor is how many radios are within reach. To answer you question: it depends on the floor plan, AP location and antenna type.

dawam
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:56 pm

a large hotel that would require roughly 15-20 AP's and I was wondering if this setup will still work in WDS-mesh or if I should design this differently?
If 5-7 AP's works for you, one probable solution would be to split them into 3 group. You would wire 3 main AP's and have 3 AP groups connect to it. You could also used 3 separate frequency for each group.