Community discussions

MikroTik App

panonit
just joined
Topic Author

Situation Clients on one AP have extra signal but bad ping

Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:09 am

:shock: situation on a AP, client good signal,noise good,bad ping, this is situation with all client on this AP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jwcn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Situation Clients on one AP have extra signal but bad ping

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:40 am

You haven't provided enough information. Noise floor, polorization, signal range of all clients, CPE type, etc. etc. etc. Could be a RTS issue, could be lack of QoS, could be noise, could be a hundred things.

carvlagar
just joined

Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi, i´m new in this technology, but in my experience i saw that, the way to resolve was:

if your work freq is 2.4 then put in winbox, Interface, Wireless, Band: 2.4Ghz-B. Only, don´t put 2.4GhzB/G.
In your Client equipment put only B in Band and ..... IT WORKS FINE....!

Those help me to resolve the problem.

Well, i don´t sure about the reason but my link in 2.4B/g did have many problem like: very latency ping, at nigth a lot of unestable, for a moments was very fast but , without any reason become very slow. Lot of message like Extensive data loss, disconnecting..... etc.
When i reconfigure my AP those problems was history....!

I hope help you, if not, well tell me more about that....

Happiness for all.....!

jwcn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Yeah, I once had this dog and when I hooked an antenna up to him my problems all went away.

That is about the level of usefulness of your post. Without any information of what is going on you just make yourself look foolish spewing information.

panonit
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:00 am

On this AP is 10 users conect. Minipci R52H ,Polarisation Vertical, B standard ,antena is Sector 14db 120H/30V, This problem hapend couple of day. Users use Yagi and grid antenas.

illiniwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:26 am

The pings you showed would look like that if they were moving there the totaled allowed throughput if you are controlling there bandwidth. It also looks about like having someone put 2.4ghz canopy near your location or put a ptp repeater pointed right through your tower. Canopy when talking transmitts over the whole band and only looks like noise to our gear. You could also have one client having problems that can bring the tower to its knees. I once had a client that had a bad networking cable between pc and poe and this cause a lot of retransmitts and caused the tower to have high ping times. So there could be many issues but we do need more info to help you and good luck. Wireless is like blackmagic if it doesn't work today just wait and use it somewhere else tomorrow and it will be fine.

angboontiong
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:29 pm

On this AP is 10 users conect. Minipci R52H ,Polarisation Vertical, B standard ,antena is Sector 14db 120H/30V, This problem hapend couple of day. Users use Yagi and grid antenas.
you sector antenna is horizontal polarity, be sure that, all the client site is in the horizontal as well...

I would suggest you do not use the yagi antenna due to it's circular wave, couple it with the sector antenna that's not the good idea.

one more thing, even you sector antenna is 120 degree, but the better coverage should within 90 degree.

hope this help.

andreacoppini
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Have you tried changing frequency? could be caused by interference.

Also, it seems like your CPEs are non-MT units, therefore you are surely not using nStreme, try replacing one of your clients with an MT-based CPE and enable Nstreme, see if it helps.
- No strings attached -

<< Please give good Karma if this post helped you. Press the + button above the Location entry