Community discussions

MikroTik App

texnet
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot Login

Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:13 am

I have setup multiple MT493AHs with Hotspot enabled. I am using MAC authentication to a Radius server. I have customized the login.html page to provide an unauthenticated user a message about our services and provide the MAC address on the same page. I would like to provide a message to those customers whose account has expired or has been suspended with that information. For an account that has been suspended (placed inactive) Radius returns the message 'Your Account 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' is inactive. I would like to place that message on the login.html page, which is what they receive when they are unauthenticated. I have searched forums and the manuals and can't find the specifics as to what I need to do. If it is there then I am missing how to display it.

Thanks

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Hotspot Login

Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:46 pm

This is a bit of a drawback on mikrotik. You cant have this page on the mikrotik router. The only way i know of, is to have a web page on another web server and redirect your unpaid client to this page.

texnet
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:22 pm

So how do I tell the Tik to redirect when Radius returns the message 'Your account 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' is inactive'

Thanks

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:31 am

Greetings!

Is the login page displaying any error after the MAC login attempt? Or does it just ask for a user/password? What types of authorization do you have selected in the "/ip hotspot profile"?
I have put other web pages on the MT box, as long as the hotspot is enabled, it will return simple html docs.

ADD: The plan I would try is using JavaScript in the client browser to redirect to the new page if the login fails. But you may need to fill in and submit the login.html form with JavaScript first to get the error.

texnet
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:54 am

I have modified the login page to not provide any ability to enter a username and password as the customers are automatically authenticated via their MAC address against the Radius server. For those that are authenticated they never see the loging.html webpage on the MT. For those that are not authenticated, either not a customer, or expired, they receive the login page which I provide them with a message and also include their MAC address, IP address, and port the are connected to. I would like to provide them something more than a generic message, like 'Your account has expired, please click "URL" to pay your account"

Radius is configured for only MAC authentication.

When someone attempts to connect that is expried, the logs show they are expired. If that radius message were returned to the login.html page my problem would be solved :-)