Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

1midwest
just joined
Topic Author

Need some help setting up a transparent bridge.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:34 am

I have just got some new rb433ah boards with v3.20 on them.

I have tried to setup them in a bridge like the wiki says but it will not work at all. I only have one wireless 2.4 ghz card in there and need to make a bridge. I do not seem to know what i am doing wrong as i have one setup but they have v3.11 on them and it worked just fine.

I am using the winbox to set them up and any help or guidance would help would help me out so so much.

If you need any more info just let me know I will do my best to answer the questions as i'm not the best with the mikrotik stuff but i do love what it does.

Thanks
Josh

Letni

Re: Need some help setting up a transparent bridge.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:45 am

The skinny is to make a bridge interface. Add other interfaces into the bridge interface to get them on the same layer 2 network.
Can you be more specific on what you want to accomplish, what you have done, and what you have done to show it is not working as expected?

-Louis

1midwest
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:04 am

What i am trying to do is put up a wirless bridge that will pass all traffic. i'm going from ethernet on one side out to wireless then wireless to ethernet on the other end so i can connect it to an accesspoint i have there as it's older and is it's own stand alone unit.

i can not get the 2 rb433's to talk via the wireless connection at all. The wireless cards work as they see my home ap but i can not get them to talk to each other at all. I have copied the steps as shown at this address http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... o_Networks but i still can not get them to work. i don't know what i'm doing wrong. i am setting them up via the winbox and don't need to use the 2nd and 3rd ethernet port. if you could help me out i would be very gratefull.

Letni

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Since you are unable to establish a wireless connection we will start there.

Look at your logs to see if you have any error messages that may be useful.

If using Nstreame make sure it is turned checked on both sides.

On the AP side use bridge since you will only have 1 client. Make sure you have WDS setup on the AP.

On the Client use Station WDS and have the WDS tab setup.

Do you have antenna's connected to both devices?

-Louis

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:43 am

I have a similar problem, but i was able to establish the connection but how do i make it to get internet access from the client side. Assuming they are not bridge cus someone suggested that i shd bridge the network.

I want it in such a way that if i assign a static ip from the from my network which the AP(bridge) is connected from the same switch since i am not running dhcp for my network. Eg. AP is my office 1, and Wds-station is my extended office 2. office1 is running static and i want computers from office2 to get ip in dhcp or static as well so that i can use router to extend the network to other computers in the office2