Community discussions

MikroTik App

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

ports not showing a 'running' state on RB493, but they work?

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:08 am

Hi there,

Just wondering if this is hardware being faulty or a routerOS problem, if you see the screenshot below I am using the RB493, 9 ports in total, eth1 is for the WAN currently. Problem is that I cannot get eth2,3 and 4 to show a 'running' state, although I have eth2 running to an AP on site, it still is showing the port as disabled, however it is working just fine with the wireless on that AP. Like I said it is working fine but I don't know if this is hardware related and may be faulty or a software setting that I am looking over, I've upgraded to latest firmware and it is still showing the same issue.

Thanks in advanced poeple.
rb400interface.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

schiele
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: ports not showing a 'running' state on RB493, but they work?

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am

just wanted to add some more details on the site, the RB493 is only using eth2 that as said earlier is feeding an AP, from that one AP I have a WDS system setup feeding 3 more AP's(4 in total) all in Dynamic WDS, that part is working great as ussual! As you can see the eth2 interface is not even showing up as 'designated' but rest assure it is feeding the AP's.

Off topic, I have a Hotspot server in the RB493, does anyone know if I should be adding bindings from the AP, if so will it be the MAC addresses for the bridge or the WLAN side?

thanks