MikroTik App

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Best way of bonding

Sat May 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Can anyone help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: Best way of bonding

Sun May 10, 2009 5:04 am

now thats really funny....if I wright stupid facts I'd had a lot of answers, but if I ask something short and with a nice picture, nobody know what to say; thats why I love mikrotik forum, most of the time it's useless. I regret that I know to speak english correctly, because only stupid questions got an answer like:
help... until now i'M not contenting of my cache work!!!!
Automatically Change Frequencies To Compensate for Weather
How much aggregate thruput can be expected on a G network?
transfer of license from rb133 level4 a rb411 level3
RouterOS on a DD-WRT54G
Thanks.

i-noob
just joined

Sun May 10, 2009 1:37 pm

now thats really funny....if I wright stupid facts I'd had a lot of answers, but if I ask something short and with a nice picture, nobody know what to say; thats why I love mikrotik forum, most of the time it's useless. I regret that I know to speak english correctly, because only stupid questions got an answer like:
RouterOS on a DD-WRT54G
Thanks.
RouterOS on a DD-WRT54G
Thanks.
sad to say but i have to fully ack what you say.
How ever back to the topic.

I asume router 2 and 3 are somewhat like a relaystation becaue you have no LOS and i guess you plan to use on this routers
2 wifi-cards (may 5ghz to have more channelspace between).

First setup the 2 wifilinks via wds each side, would go for simple wds links Like this:
router1 wifi-card1---wdslink1--- router2 wifi-card1--bridget with wifi-card2-----wdslink2---router4 wifi-card1
router1 wifi-card2---wdslink3--- router3 wifi-card1--bridget with wifi-card2-----wdslink4---router4 wifi-card2
now go on roter1 and 4 and add a Bonding interface and enslave the wificard 1 and 2 to it for mode choose balance rr (round robin)
as monitor choose "arp" then you can add multible arp targets ..so you can monitor each link-segment from each side in case
of failing .
in case you want to handle this setup like a fully tranparent bridge you can add ipip ore Eoip tunnels .
I have some similar links runnig and they work good so far at the beginning i was trying to use Mii monitoring but this never worked for me.

p.s. sorry for my english hope it helps you anyway

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Sun May 10, 2009 5:33 pm

thanks
If one link fail, the other will continue to transfer all the data?

i-noob
just joined

Sun May 10, 2009 6:10 pm

thanks
If one link fail, the other will continue to transfer all the data?
yea thats corect.. link fail is detectet by target ips you can monitor multible addresses from each side..
have a look on winbox and add a bondig interface ..most explains it by it self for you i think.