Community discussions

MikroTik App

bpears
just joined
Topic Author

How to disable the wireless access list...

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:58 pm

I am a complete newbie to Microtic and routerOS. I just purchased an RB411 from our wireless provider to be used strictlyt as an access point - nothing else. Somehow the access list filtering is turned on by default. I cannot see where to turn it off. Eventually I will want this but for now, I just want to get this radio up and running. Please help! I do not want to have to enter all of the MAC addresses of all connecting wireless devices right away!!!

I am using version 3.17.

Thanks, Brad

dawam
Trainer
Trainer

Re: How to disable the wireless access list...

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:35 am

Somehow the access list filtering is turned on by default. I cannot see where to turn it off. Eventually I will want this but for now, I just want to get this radio up and running. Please help! I do not want to have to enter all of the MAC addresses of all connecting wireless devices right away!!!

I am using version 3.17.

Thanks, Brad
on wireless interface check the default authentication.( ie default-authentication =yes)

bpears
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm

Great thanks for that... Seems backwards though doesn't it??? You'd think with "authentication" unchecked that it wouldn;t check for a MAC address in the list and with it checked that it would...

Either way I am good to go now... I'm a beginner with these radios and RouterOS so lots to learn and grow in to!!!

Thanks, Brad

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:25 pm

------
yes, you can uncheck it radio case . . . but your wireless client should be add to Access List when you will allow it . . . . . :wink:

regards
Hasbullah.com
----