Community discussions

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

configuration web proxy and hotspot in the same pc

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:02 pm

Hello, all,
I am trying to achieve something but do not know if it has any implication on the other. I want to enable transparent web cache for my clients. I need a detail step by step to achieve that in Mikrotik, so that some https sites will equally open from my lan users. Is it possible to have both transparent web cache and hotspot in the same box. If yes, how do i go about it. I need a detailed step thru winbox or a manul to achieve that.

Again, I want a situation, where my hotspot users on ganining access will not a well share their internet access thru a router. Assuming someone asked for a pc to be used, and he goes along using a router where he will connect more systems than expected. How do i stop or limit that in MT, and make them have at least 5-10 connections at a time from 1 ip address. My address range is 192.168.0.1/24

reinerotto

Re: configuration web proxy and hotspot in the same pc

Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi, did you get any info on cache-proxy + hotspot on 3.30 ?
I got it to work on 3.23, quite simple, but now on 3.30 quite a few setup screens changed, so I failed to get it work on new release.
Also, because it seems to me, that the hotspot-implementation changed quite a bit.
May be, I could get cache-proxy+hotspot to work on 3.27 as well, because only in 3.28 quite a few changes in setup-menues.
Would that help you ?

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:48 pm

I got it to work on 3.23, quite simple, but now on 3.30 quite a few setup screens changed, so I failed to get it work on new release.
Also, because it seems to me, that the hotspot-implementation changed quite a bit.
May be, I could get cache-proxy+hotspot to work on 3.27 as well, because only in 3.28 quite a few changes in setup-menues.
Would that help you ?
No, Can U send me a link that trets that very well, i mean detailed step by step so that i wil implement it test it before deploying it. I am using 3.22

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Would that help you ?

can u help send to me the configurations settings you have in your newtork that helped u achive such in one box.