Community discussions

MikroTik App

nicopretorius
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

3.28 - wireless stop working after a couple of days

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:44 pm

I experienced problems on multiple devices (RB532, RB112, RB153) where the wireless "stopped working", i.e. cannot connect to AP with laptop and WDS links stops working after the devices were upgraded to 3.28. Has anybody else experienced this?

dbostrom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: 3.28 - wireless stop working after a couple of days

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:26 pm

We have one RB112 box serving as an AP doing backhaul duty for two lightly populated sites (max ~1.5mbps tx) recently upgraded to 3.28 and showing somewhat similar symptoms.

What we've seen is that one or another of the two AP cards (SR5) shows no associations, scans show no results despite known viewable targets.

At client end, beacons from AP are still visible.

In sum, the card still talks but cannot hear. Disable/enable of card does not clear the fault, rebooting the box does.

This box was previously running 2.9.x for a long period, 3.23 until arrival of 3.28 without this behavior.

I do not see any seemingly related notes in changelogs between 3.23 and 3.28.

It's possible we have other radios doing the same thing but w/universal application of ping watchdogs it's a little hard to say. The particular box I mention is watchdogged to another unit connected via ether so it happened to have been easy to establish the nature of the failure.

dbostrom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:15 am

For what it's worth we had another "event" today. This time I'd scripted the AP box to take a look at what was going on and report in prior to rebooting.

Basic deafness; wlan interface apparently stopped hearing anything, midstream.

I'm going to put the same script on another box or two and see if it's happening anywhere else.

Any use generating a support output file for this? From the lack of any rumble of discontent on the board here I'm guessing this is a pretty infrequent event and maybe peculiar to us...

dbostrom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:28 am

So it turns out we have several boxes behaving this way. These are mostly RB112 serving as little leaf nodes and dishing out 900mHz access to connections numbering from 3 to 10 clients.

I've attempted to add supout generation to the script serving as a hack solution for this and which monitors for loss of association of all clients. Unfortunately the supout process never seems to complete, sucks 100% of CPU and eventually causes the box to reboot.

Any suggestions on where to go with this? One choice obviously is to downgrade but then no bugs for MT to fix...

dbostrom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:24 am

Talking to myself! :D

Supout captured. I'll send it along.