Community discussions

MikroTik App

smartpc
just joined
Topic Author

433AH , R52H Radio and UBNT Bullet 2 as repeater

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:51 am

I have the above setup and was successfully able to configure a hotspot the way I want. I would like to use a UBNT Bullet2 on a dead spot from my 15dbi omni. I dont expect to have more than 30 users ( if so i will look for a better solution but the convenience and low cost of the bullet 2 is nice. I have been pulling my hair ( not much left ) to get this bullet 2 to work as a repeater for my mikrotik Hotspot Ver 3.28. Has anyone done this? if so, pleeeeeease help.

Thanks a mil!

eneimi

Re: 433AH , R52H Radio and UBNT Bullet 2 as repeater

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:03 am

I'm not sure about the bullet, but I know senao, dlink and a couple of others have a universal repeater mode that should work for your scenario. However in my experience, 30 users or not, that's shaky ground to start out on.
The bullet works great as an AP, but if you're looking to setup a repeater, go get another RB (a plain 433 or even a 133 if you can find one) with base R52 radios.

smartpc
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:02 am

thank you for your time. It is much appreciated. You mentioned senao/engenius as an option, i was considering the EOC-1650 but I do not know if it can be setup as a repeater without flashing DD-WRT on it. Have you used this one as a repeater? The reason I like to use a bullet 2 or this engenius product is it is an all in one product. I do not have to buy a routerboard, radio card, pig tail, weather-proof enclosure, maybe a cable and an antenna and POE. I do not know how many users will be using that repeater so maybe after 20 users or so or until i get some income from the operation I'd consider a more expensive alternative and just move it to another up and coming hotspot.
Has anyone used air os as a MT repeater? Has anyone used EOC-1650 engenius product as a MT repeater?

bushy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Since you have the hardware already , DDwrt on the bullet might work but you'll have to buy the licenced version afaik

smartpc
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:23 am

Well, there was a lot more configuration that was required. Through the kindness of Bill Lewis, I was able to configure it. ( actually he configured it for me, I have now to figure out what all he has done and understand why he did it :D ). But I am ready for deploying this hotspot and Bullet 2 repeater.