I submitted a ticket a few days ago on this thread and have had no answer of any sort. I specifically asked them to chime in.Its about time for a MT rep to chime in again on this as we have heard nothing for some time.
You guys send some emails with info to support to might help get some quicker attention as well.
Wondering if there was a resolution to this, was it a verion issue or config? I did not notice and nstreme fixes in the release notes post 4.1.what is your ticket number? We don't ignore tickets, they all get answered.
Thanks Normis, I did notice the lack of follow-up form the previous requests. I will look to log a issue with support regarding this. My quetion was in relation to 'Know Issues'. I believe some vendors 'resolve' support tickets by creating a 'know issue' which will/might be fixed later.we don't have any outstanding reports in the support dept. as you can see, I asked for the number of the unresolved ticket, and didn't get a reply
didn't you see the topic about resetting wireless interface and changing the hw-retries setting, that seems to have fixed most of peoples nstreme issues?I have not tried 4.5 but in the absense any other soultion I have downgraded to 3.3 and throughput and speed stability have returned.
I did not see anything in the release notes about for 4.5 about nstreme so I am not hopeful.
Support suggested changing the framer policy with 4.4 but I could not see any differences with alternate settings and subsequently downgraded.
To be honest I have not been reading any other topics as this one already related to my issue and there does not appear to be a clear resolution listed within this topic.didn't you see the topic about resetting wireless interface and changing the hw-retries setting, that seems to have fixed most of peoples nstreme issues?
What where your hw-retries set to before you downgraded?I experienced wireless problems without Nstreme being on in 4.5. Really screwed up a day, and pissed quite a few customers off. Didn't realize that the problems I had with a new link established some time ago were related to 4.x, then ran it yesterday on one of our main bhs assuming that any bugs were going to be minor. What a mistake! Don't use 4.x with wireless unless you like to convince your customers you don't know what you are doing....
As others mentioned, link became unstable, dropped every few minutes, and this is a link that has sig. in the 50 db range. It's long, (17mi) with 32 db antennas. Back to 3.x, stable as a rock. BTW, I downgraded the new link that was built from 4.x from inception (I thought I had some sort of strange hw problem!), and that link went from unstable to stable. (I've created at supout in case MT needs it.) I'm in the process of removing 4.x from all of my network...
How can I get the graphics to show the Dbm signal strenght like these pictures?The same erratic behavior here.
Luckily, I have a visual demonstration of the problem.
I am tracking every parameter of the wireless links (client side) with MRTG (dBm, rx-rate, tx-rate, traffic, unicast packets)
There is this 5.4Ghz omni antenna acting as an AP-bridge (RB600A, Nstreme enabled, upgraded to ROS 4.1 a few days ago). The clients are 433AH RBs or 333 RBs and they are still on ROS 3.30. From the moment I upgraded the AP to 4.1 the rx-rate analysis graph shows significant changes.
The clients are still on ROS 3.30 and there are no changes on the tx-rate graphs...
This is what I noticed:
The rx-rate was 54Mbps, ALL the time, with the AP running ROS 3.30 but with 4.1 it fluctuates a lot and a great deal... Take a look:
... on the other hand, the dBm analysis shows no significant change in the same time period...:
The same scenario happens when I use the wireless-test package in the 3.2x or 3.3x RouterOSes (again, I am talking about changing the wireless package at the AP side, NOT the client side)