MikroTik App

YUJOBIKA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

(HELP URGENT) Missing Superchannel License after Downgrad

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi,

I am using DOM in x86 and also I bought superchannel license since 6 months ago.

Then yesterday I tried to upgrade to ROS v4.6.
But, this version have problem with my router. My wireless disconnected periodically. Then I downgrade again to ROS v3.30 and it is work good.

But, now my router have NO superchannel license. How to get back my superchannel ?

/system resource> pr
uptime: 5h40m55s
version: “3.30”
free-memory: 241672kB
total-memory: 255912kB
cpu: “Pentium”
cpu-count: 1
cpu-frequency: 930MHz
cpu-load: 7
free-hdd-space: 213234kB
total-hdd-space: 247915kB
write-sect-since-reboot: 33312
write-sect-total: 33312
architecture-name: “x86”
board-name: “x86”

Thanks in advance.

missinlnk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: (HELP URGENT) Missing Superchannel License after Downgra

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Was your superchannel license associated with a 7 digit SoftID before? If so, you'll have to load that key back on. You can get your key for that SoftID by logging into the mikrotik website.

YUJOBIKA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:11 pm

@missinlnk

Thanks for very fast reply :)
Yes, it was 7 digit before I upgrade to ROS v4.x.

How can I login to Mikrotik site ? I did not buy these license from that site. I bought from my local reseller in my country.

Is there any other way to get back my old license ?

Thanks

Was your superchannel license associated with a 7 digit SoftID before? If so, you'll have to load that key back on. You can get your key for that SoftID by logging into the mikrotik website.

missinlnk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:32 pm

You can either go back to the same reseller, or you can get the SoftID yourself from the Mikrotik website. Even if you didn't purchase it directly from Mikrotik, they will allow you to claim ownership of that SoftID so you can get the key. Just go to http://www.mikrotik.com and click on "New Account" in the upper right hand corner.

YUJOBIKA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:20 pm

@missinlnk

I already login to Mikrotik site and able to export my ID. But after I pressed UPGRADE button, it said:

That means my license is full with superchannel, right ? But why in my router, I cannot use superchannel ? :(

You can either go back to the same reseller, or you can get the SoftID yourself from the Mikrotik website. Even if you didn't purchase it directly from Mikrotik, they will allow you to claim ownership of that SoftID so you can get the key. Just go to http://www.mikrotik.com and click on "New Account" in the upper right hand corner.

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:12 am

/system license print

Should show 'extra-channels' under features. If not, the upgrade is not installed.

You might try to search for your license by software-id on the Mikrotik web site under your account. It should find both the plain license and the upgraded license.

Tom

YUJOBIKA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:26 am

@roc-noc.com

/system license print
software-id: "MDXC-QXXX"
upgradable-to: v4.x
nlevel: 4
features:

And under my account, in my virtual folder, I could not find any OLD SoftID / Plan License. There only 1 SoftID like this:

Soft ID:MDXC-QXXX
Key:
-----BEGIN MIKROTIK SOFTWARE KEY------------
DM8ZSmRPwr0uJVQkRQ7sDQEZ1FhqSJgbFMSGWxvfBaLl
sQlm0eFVLfONOn0L8tkK5XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX==
-----END MIKROTIK SOFTWARE KEY--------------

Invoice: (blank)
Level: WISP AP (Level 4)
Issued: 2010-03-23
Board: x86 system

Please help to solve this. I really need my Superchannel back.

Thanks

/system license print

Should show 'extra-channels' under features. If not, the upgrade is not installed.

You might try to search for your license by software-id on the Mikrotik web site under your account. It should find both the plain license and the upgraded license.

Tom

missinlnk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:39 pm

That's the 8 digit softid, which doesn't have the superchannel associated with it. And there's no entry in the old-software-id field, which is where your 7 digit softid w/ superchannel would be. Looks like it's time to get in touch with support@mikrotik.com to figure out how to either go backwards to that 7 digit key and your old license (with the superchannel added to it), or find out if there's a way to transfer that to the new 8 digit key.

YUJOBIKA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:35 pm

@missinlnk

Yesterday I sent supout file to them.
Waiting with big hope for their answer about this issue.

Thanks

That's the 8 digit softid, which doesn't have the superchannel associated with it. And there's no entry in the old-software-id field, which is where your 7 digit softid w/ superchannel would be. Looks like it's time to get in touch with support@mikrotik.com to figure out how to either go backwards to that 7 digit key and your old license (with the superchannel added to it), or find out if there's a way to transfer that to the new 8 digit key.