Community discussions

MikroTik App

ccrum
Topic Author

2.9 and Hotspot

Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:40 am

I'm having trouble getting my RB500 with 2.9 to work the way I want. I usallually run a combination of hs and static ip's on my network. I bought a new 512 and put my radio card in and configured it for hotspot. I have one ip range on the hs 10.10.10.0/24 and another range tha I just want to assign as statics and bypass the hs at 10.10.11.0/24. When I enable the hs, the hs seems to work fine...gives out ip's and serves the login page. However, I can no longer ping the static range nor get into the router when hard setting my computer to an ip in that range. I have tried putting this range in the ip bindings section and set to bypass but no luck. I've tried hard setting them in the firewall under dstnat, and forward, but still no luck. I've tried putting them in the mangle, but still notheing. I've tried variations of all of these but just can't seem to get that range to work if hs is enabled. What can I do?

ccrum
Topic Author

Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:10 pm

anyone????

tneumann

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:28 pm

Why not create separate virtual AP's, one for hotspot operation and one exclusively for static IP routing?
That would IMHO be a much cleaner separation of things, as it gives you two independent IP interfaces in
the router to work with, and you could more cleanly differentiate who should be able to do static IP and
who should not...

--Tom