MikroTik App

econst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

20 inches pigtail

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi all,

I new to purchase pigtails that are 20 inches, UFL to N female, that will be used to connect R52H cards to external antennas. These will be connected to an X86 system housed in a case that I have built. does anyone know where I can find this lenght pigtail or point me to where I can get them custom built. Thanks.

eben

Re: 20 inches pigtail

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Better buy a special, customized only for you, 70inch pigtail and 100m antenna cable! I heard that then the antennas gain will tripple! :lol:
Go and bother some other forum.

eben

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi all,

I new to purchase pigtails that are 20 inches, UFL to N female, that will be used to connect R52H cards to external antennas. These will be connected to an X86 system housed in a case that I have built. does anyone know where I can find this lenght pigtail or point me to where I can get them custom built. Thanks.
Which country are you in.

Here in South Africa, it's possible to buy the RG-316 double braided cable and get these made up by a company called RF Design without any problems. I recently needed 12 that were 50cm long for a new high site. They came in quite expensive though. About US$13 each.

www.rfdesign.co.za

econst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:54 pm

Administrator, pls get this clown(Bafh) off this forum!!!! Those types of remarks are not needed!!

Eben, I am in Belize, Central America. We normally order from the US are from the region. Thanks for the response.

eben

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Administrator, pls get this clown(Bafh) off this forum!!!! Those types of remarks are not needed!!
+1
Eben, I am in Belize, Central America. We normally order from the US are from the region. Thanks for the response.
Let's hope one of the US members joins the thread soon to advise as to where to get the pigtails.

missinlnk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 pm

Here in South Africa, it's possible to buy the RG-316 double braided cable and get these made up by a company called RF Design without any problems. I recently needed 12 that were 50cm long for a new high site. They came in quite expensive though. About US$13 each.
Honestly, that's not that bad of a price for a custom built ufl cable. I wish I had someone I could recommend that would make the ufl cable for you, but I currently do not.

Scott

eben

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 pm

Honestly, that's not that bad of a price for a custom built ufl cable.
MMCX actually :D

rmichael
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:43 pm

try rfparts.com

econst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:05 pm

I would have thought that many of you get cables made to your needs. Pls advise.

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:56 am

The smallest coax that we work with (for custom cables) is LMR195 and most often we make LMR400 cables for customers. The smallest connector that we have for LMR195 is SMA or RPSMA. MMCX and UFL are much smaller and require much smaller diameter cable.

We purchase pre-made pigtails in bulk for the smaller cable and connectors. We have MMCX pigtails in 6, 10, and 12 inches which usually cover our customer needs. If they want something longer, they usually adapt larger cable to the pigtail.

I think the special tools, strippers, crimp dies, and test equipment are keeping us from working with smaller coax and connectors.

I don't know of any small distributors in the US that work with the smaller diameter coax and connectors.

Tom

missinlnk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:35 pm

To expand on Tom's statement, most of the cables purchased by customers fall into a very specific pattern. If you need a UFL to NFB connection, in 99% of all cases one of our three standard lengths (5 inch, 8 inch, or 12 inch) will work. It's actually very rare (though it does happen like in your case) to find a situation that needs a unique length for any kind of pigtail that directly connects to a card. Most custom pigtails are for external connections ([RP]SMA to N, etc).

We (WISP-Router) do go down to the next smaller size (RG174) where we can do an MMCX connector, but UFL is a different beast. Because the demand for custom UFL cables is almost non-existent, we just do not bother with the hassle of trying to work with making a custom UFL cable. The size of that connector makes it extremely difficult to work with and get right without shorting out the cable or making an otherwise bad connection.

If you can use a card that has MMCX connections, you should be able to find someone that can make the cable you need. If you must stick with UFL, you're task will be much more difficult.

Scott

econst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Which dual band card, that has the mmcx connector would you recommend?

Eben,
Could you pls email me at stopopup@yahoo.com? Thanks.

eben

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Which dual band card, that has the mmcx connector would you recommend?
MikroTik R52HN

MikroTik R52nM

Alfa Networks also has one.
AL-PCI085P
Eben,
Could you pls email me at stopopup@yahoo.com? Thanks.
Done