MikroTik App

sathishsa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mikrotik Handshake timeout problem

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:35 am

Dear supporters,

Iam facing huge problem from 2 days , 2 months ago i came to see that all clients are dropping continously with the error 4 way hand shake timeout, i was noticed that there is the huge interference with channels , So i scanned and using 14th channel which none are using in our city and running successfully without problems from the past 2 to 3 months

But yesterday onwards iam facing the error 4-way handshake timeout (15) error I dont know why i had done site survey and i came to no that no interfierence with tht channel andBut still having the same issue

Iam using RB532 with 2.9.27 oS , please suggest me the correct solution, iam lossing my business, i appreciate ur sincere advice

Thanks,
Sathish

mcb

Re: Mikrotik Handshake timeout problem

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:48 am

Someone is sabotaging your network. Nothing new.
What settings do you have for the wireless? Security I mean. What kind of antennas? Directional or sector usually help to find at least the direction of the saboteur. Afterwards use binoculars in that direction :)

sathishsa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:03 am

its Omini directional anteena and for security settings iam using WPA TKIP

if some one is trying to down my network i should find the frequency in the wireless scan, how its possible please tell me with binoclous i can see anything because mine is a congested city and cant fine that much easy

Please help me

Thanks,
Sathish

mcb

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Rumors tell that using TKIP is as safe as using WEP :)
It is about time to drop the omni antennas and start being serious.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Yes, use AES, it's much more secure

sathishsa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:27 pm

I just bought RB433AH , and replaced and now that error is not getting and all the clients are connected and now stable but there is a huge drop in packets and ping is getting 200 to 300ms to the GW , 3 days back all was fine and now there is ahuge problem please tell me the proper solution

and MCP as u suggested me to drop the omi antennas u mean u want me to replace the anteenas with sector , please tell me clearly

and there is no chance to use sector antennas as because only available channel 14th tht is 2.484 all the other frequesies are interfering in our location

Thanks,
Sathish

sathishsa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:58 pm

Normis please help me , is this issue related to anteena or antenna cable as here its monsoon season and does it affect the anteena or antenna connectors

Please help me

Thanks,
Sathish

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:28 pm

[quote]i had done site survey and i came to no that no interfierence with tht channel andBut still having the same issue[/quote

Did you use a spectrum analyzer, if not interference or another device (non-802.11..) can be on any channel and will not show on channel scan/usage ?

I assume you have checked other channels on vertical polarity have you tried horizontal,

Can you go to 5.8 band ?