Community discussions

MikroTik App

americanbb
just joined
Topic Author

RB411 - Ubiquiti XR3-3.7 Does not work!

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:51 am

I have purchased some 3.65Ghz equipment to test with since we recently got our FCC license. We do a lot of Mikrotik/Ubiquiti networks in the 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz spectrum and love it. here is what I have first off.

AP:
RB411AH
UBNT XR3-3.7
Liard Tech. wideband 3.4-3.8GHZ 90 deg. 17.5Dbi V-POL sector antenna

SM:
RB411
UBNT XR3-3.7
ARC Enclosure and 3.65Ghz Panel antenna.

First off I upgraded to 4.10 on both units, and then setup a bridge between the eth0 and the wlan1 like i do with all my other AP/SM's I left the cards at their defaults all except changing the channel to 5770 like the paper that comes with the XR3-3.7's say is channel "B" for 3.65GHz. and one to AP bridge, and the other to client. they will not link up at all. (distance about 50ft) I then thought it was too powerful, (I have never had this in any of my other testing) so turned down the ouput power on both units with the same result, no link.

I read in the forum that others had to change the country code to brazil, change the channel to 5650, and the band to 5ghz-Turbo. I then get the units to link up, but the rates are only 6*2/6*2 and i cannot pass any traffic back and forth, signal levels look amazing even with power turned down, SNR is 50+, but Transmit CCQ is less than 50%.

I then read in the forums, that downgrading to 3.x RouterOS will solve all my problems, so i did that, and still have the same results, I cannot link up at the advertised channels, and get poor results when using the previous workaround. WHAT is going on, and WHAT am i doing wrong??

talo1019
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: RB411 - Ubiquiti XR3-3.7 Does not work!

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:53 am