Community discussions

MikroTik App

zee
just joined
Topic Author

internet delays!!!

Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:09 am

I have one problem and I am asking for help. I have two (MT) which is actually apart from each other. On both MT I have ADSL 768kb, both MT have the same configuration which means two network cards which are in bridge; users are denied access by firewall (forward) and static (arp). Both MT are one the same switch as local network consisting of 30 computers. On the same switch there is wireless device, (traffic over wireless connection is not important). The problem is with another part of the local network which is positioned behind the wireless (40 computers), because some delays occurred. When browser is opened on the client's computer, I have to click on every link at least three times in order to get web site opened. I have tried to establish a local dnsserver because I thought that may be the problem. Nevertheless, the problem was not solved. Besides mentioned, wireless is excellent, ping is 1 up to 2 ms, and flew is between 1.8 up to 2.2 MB/s. Another question is how could I configurate MT so that my clients have only one gateway instead two like they have now. I have tried to apply two gateways (ADSL ruter) and to order in rip V2-2 for delivering and receiving, and for interface I ordered bridge. What else could I say? Here there is a map, drawing of a network so it is easer to understand.
http://www.pagos.co.yu/mreza.jpg

bholler
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:00 pm

hello Zee,

can you ple state your subnet mask in the addressing scheme of the network diagramme. u basically have a routing problem. the blockof IP between you ADSL and MT with that of MT and the rest of the LAN seems to be the same. unless u state the subnetmask we can think of what to do.

aviper
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:03 pm

Aside from your question:

You should split your network in little networks. Main problem could be BIG amont of broadcoasting over wirelesses. And are you sure this 1.8 up to 2.2 MB/s are enough ?