Community discussions

MikroTik App

sisyanto
just joined
Topic Author

How to reconfigure Mikrotik Wireless with RouterBoard 230

Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:49 am

We have 8 Mikrotik Wireless Outdoor Equipment running on the air but unfortunately I make mistake in configuring firewall in the Point (Point to Point) that is connected to an Access Point (Point to Multi Point) in the far office. After configuring with winbox and saving the configuration, I lost connection between winbox and Router Board 230 and when I try to reconnect it, winbox refused to connect with the device. I even cannot ping the device anymore. Any one have solution how to reconfigure the routerboad step by step if posible without picking down the equipment. if I must pick it down can I just edit something in the flash memory card? And what is the thing.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:44 am

you will have to connect to it directly (console cable) and type `/undo` and it will undo the last command that you entered. or you can go to the firewall section and remove what you entered the last time

sisyanto
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:20 pm

Sory I'm too fool. I don't have a console cable. is it a serial db 9 cabel to be connected to a computer? I have tried handshaking serial db9 cable but I don't know where the command will appear. What utility software to use. Can I donload from mikrotik website or is it enough using hyperterminal that windows have. I have tried using hyperterminal but nothing apear there. Only a few dash and some starnge charachter when I reboot the routerboard

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:21 pm

buy a standard serial cable (console cable, null modem cable etc) and connect to the router and the other end to a windows PC. in windows, open the `hyperterminal` program which is included in all windows versions. connec with baud rate 9600

sisyanto
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:45 pm

Is it a stright serial cable (like a modem cable) or a cross linked cable (handshaking) like a laplink cabel?

lastguru

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:23 pm

straight cable will not work, you need nullmodem cable (in other words, crossover) which has its TX and RX wires (as well as some other wires also) crossed

sisyanto
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:37 pm

How if I read the flash memory card containing mikrotik router OS directly with a card reader? Can I edit something such the configuration file or change the password? Unfortunately I lost the password as well :cry:

lastguru

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:14 pm

no, you cannot change or reset password.

sisyanto
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:08 pm

Thank you for your all help. I have been able to configur two routerboard via hyperterminal. But our other 6 routerboard is protected by unknown password. Wouldyou please give me any solution. If I reinstall the software I am affraid that I will lost the licence. I have Level 4 License in a 64 MB of flash card. I have no Idea what to do with my 6 routerboard. We are relocating them so I need to reconfigure them :(

lastguru

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:22 pm

you should not loose the license if you simply reinstall the router. just remember not to use lowlevel disk tools, lke fdisk for it: the routeros installer is the only thing you will need.