Community discussions

lcrhea25
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Please Help!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:31 pm

I have a tower with 3 ap's on it running 2.4ghz. I have the dbii 500 mW card in them. I am having an issue with some customers on these ap's. Their signals are in the low -70's with SNR's around 25 but their ccq's are kinda low. They will have good throughput but when you start doing a lot of traffic to them their throughput drops and usually their signal disconnects and reconnects. I have tried many things and can't figure out what to try next or what could be causing this. We have had this tower up for years without a problem like this. We have also used the Ubiquiti 400 and 400mw cards as well. Please any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
Larry

gmeden
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Please Help!!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:05 am

As I understand CCQ , it's only viable during an actual data transfer. Now , not knowing the environment your in (i.e., competition in the area , background noise , yada yada..) I'll assume your running 20Mhz bandwidth on your antennas. Bump them to 10Mhz and 5Mhz and run scans to see if possibly your getting interference not viewable in the 20Mhz bandwidth. Rotate channel assignments to your sectors. Worth a try...