MikroTik App

Ciambot
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

AP deployment, many customers on a small range

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi folks,
I have an issue with interference in a AP structure and I want to resolve with new devices (it’s time to change old radios).

AP is situated on a side of a mountain, from there it covers the small city below. The cover’s range is about 100 degrees and we have more than 100 costumers. I don't know what is the best solution, whereas we have only a "small" pole to put antennas. Our competitor is near in another pole, there is some 5ghz interference on that environment.

The mayor question is about the number of the radio: we have a lot of clients and small space to fix antenna. Is better to put one radio with 2-3 60° antennas or is better to put an antenna on every radio?
In first case maybe we’ll have latency issue, in second case CCQ maybe going bad because the antennas are too close together.

What is recommended in this case (waiting ap-sync)?

Thanks.

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: AP deployment, many customers on a small range

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm

If you need several antennas (and I would recommend that for your configuration), hen you also need separate wireless wifi interface for each antenna.

Putting several antennas to single wireless interface would not help you, and possibly would make things worse.

Ciambot
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:10 pm

If you need several antennas (and I would recommend that for your configuration), hen you also need separate wireless wifi interface for each antenna.

Putting several antennas to single wireless interface would not help you, and possibly would make things worse.

Thanks pedja,
in other similar place I am having interference issue (ccq rx very low), because three APs work near each other.
I think the only solution is AP SYNC, but now I am not sure multiple APs are the best solution.

RK
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 am

You want as many sectors as you can fit, running on channels spaced out as much as you can, with polling.