Community discussions

MikroTik App

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

need help with TX problem

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:34 am

I am using a RB433AH with a XR9 card set to 2427. I have 6 clients on that radio. 4 are less than 1 mile from tower (190') and have great speed and db in the -68 range. 2 clients are much farther. 1 is about 3.8 miles and the other is about 7 miles. Both of them had great speed 3 months ago even with -90 db.

The 2 long dist customers have recently lost signal or very slow connections. I noticed all customers had about 5 db higher readings. I changed the XR9 card in the tower yesterday and all customers now have better db. the 2 long dist have -82 now.

But the 2 long dist cust have almost NO upload speed. it took almost 30 min for winbox to load from my end. the transmit speed on bandwidth test from the tower to the cpe is about 10k or less and the receive is 700k. Let me make this clearer. I can send to them at 700k and receive from them at 10k. all other users are normal on both directions.

Since the 4 users are normal I don't think the XR9 is bad. As stated above the signals are better since I changed the XR9 yesterday. The TX from the 2 clients did drop with the new card but the connection is better and their downloads are back to near normal like they were 3 months ago.

does anyone have a suggestion on what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks

David

0ldman
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: need help with TX problem

Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Sounds like local noise.

Are the two bad customers close to each other or anything similar, substations near both, etc... ?

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: need help with TX problem

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:56 pm

no the closest one is in the same direction (east)as the other 4 that work fine. he is just about 1.5 miles further. the other one is south west about 7 miles out.

david