Community discussions

MikroTik App

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

CPE disconnects because "unknown", but in local ACL!

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:13 pm

I am having big problems with some CPE´s that disconnects.

It's on a small AP with 6 client network where the furthest CPE is only 120mtrs away of AP. So signals are very strong and CCQ are also near 100%.
AP is rb532A ROSv5.0 and clients are nanostations5
Working in 5Ghz band.

This network worked 2 years without any problem but recently other AP's in the area came in service (not mine) and also some AP using Airmax is overshooting this little network.
Since then some, not all, of these NS's disconnect regurlarly, in a very erratical scheme. They can be up for a day or two and then suddenly start to disconnect only once, or several times per hour...
Some of these units stay listed in the registration table but IP connectivity is gone... only a reboot brings them back.
Some also just ´stall´. Antenna still works but don't do nothing anymore. A power cycle is needed to bring them back.

When running a scan on AP I only see two AP's that are at least 20Mhz away. (the existing of the others I mentioned is knowlegde..)
I narrowed bandwith to 10Mhz but that didn't change anything.
I set each NS to associate based on SSID AND mac address and to scan only for the working frequency to short the time of scan. It helped a bit.
All clients are in access list of AP and default authentication is disabled.

Message I am getting on a particular CPE (in AP log): "data from unknown device xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx., sent deauth"
But this mac address is IN the access list, and it normally also DOES associate with AP!

What can be the reason AP doesn't recognize CPE's mac address where it did so seconds before?

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CPE disconnects because "unknown", but in local ACL!

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Not sure if this will help in your case, but a upgrade of the board bias helped me with disconnects on NV2 ?
system routerboard print and see if upgrade is available i assume you have already done so.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Not sure if this will help in your case, but a upgrade of the board bias helped me with disconnects on NV2 ?
system routerboard print and see if upgrade is available i assume you have already done so.
I presume you mean an upgrade of board "bios"? Or firmware... It runs latest version anyway. Also, nv2 is not running since these stations are 3rd party units and nv2 is proprietary of MT.

mramos
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:56 pm

The same here ... on 2.4GHz and NS2 Loco or Bullets, few unbranded CPEs, on 4 different MT APs: they're at access list et al and from time to time some generate a series of conect/disconnect log messages.

Strange that the MAC is identified but "unknown".

Regards

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:26 pm

I presume you mean an upgrade of board "bios"? Or firmware... It runs latest version anyway. Also, nv2 is not running since these stations are 3rd party units and nv2 is proprietary of MT.
Like i said at the start not sure if it was going to any help.
This network worked 2 years without any problem but recently other AP's in the area came in service (not mine) and also some AP using Airmax is overshooting this little network
Sounds like interference from the other network, if your furthest away CPE is 120mtrs can you set a 1km or less in "distance" or "Ack timeout" very low on your AP, are you using a omni for this AP is a sector AP an option,
When running a scan on AP I only see two AP's that are at least 20Mhz away. (the existing of the others I mentioned is knowlegde..)
Spectrum Analyzer would help, http://www.spectran.com/index.shtml

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:54 pm

This network worked 2 years without any problem but recently other AP's in the area came in service (not mine) and also some AP using Airmax is overshooting this little network
Sounds like interference from the other network, if your furthest away CPE is 120mtrs can you set a 1km or less in "distance" or "Ack timeout" very low on your AP, are you using a omni for this AP is a sector AP an option,
OK, my AP was set to "dynamic" and in the stations I read values of 39, 40 etc. (the dynamic setting of AP is standard in my networks. It worked for years....)
I set ack timeout to 21, some stations drop off., set to 22, some, but less, stations drop off, 23; only one station drops off now and then, 24; No inmediate drop offs... only some stations after about 10mins have a missed ping.
I'll try 25 timout. See how long units stay online.

It brings the question up: What is the minimum ack. timeout on short links anyway? Reading some docs online 1 microsecs should already cover 150mtrs. So why is the minimum I can set in the nanostations (if tried) only 20? I don't understand that difference...
Spectrum Analyzer would help, http://www.spectran.com/index.shtml
Yeah, that would be nice if I could afford me one, I'll dream about it for a while... :(

sonny
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:33 am

Mostly in this situation the radio at AP is damaged. Cannot hear or send properly.
Check if rx and tx signal is rather unequal.

Sonny

rafa_lore
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Hello
I'm having the same problem, but no with Android or similar! I use the Mikrotik node to connect client TP-Link, Edimax and Ubiquiti. And in a lot of node with a lot of Routerboard I'm having the same problem!
The client start with this and then stay connected with the node, but stay in Tx/Rx Rate in 1Mbps/1Mbps and can't do nothing. They can't navigate
Help Please!!! it's make me crazy!!!
Thanks
Rafael Lore