Community discussions

MikroTik App

technalogic
Topic Author

SXT With nv2

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:10 am

Hello i have 2 sxt for point to point 3km link how can i configure nv2 chains please help me i have -80 singles with 25mbps max throughput how can i increase my data throughput tell me nv2 configuration with video or pic i am new on Mt thanx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BrinkNetworks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: SXT With nv2

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:03 am

It looks like you only have one chain enabled.

I wrote a tutorial for connecting two SXT's together...you might skip to the configuration section for details on how to get the best out of your connection.

http://www.wispforum.net/entry.php?5-Ho ... ode-Part-I

With your signals as high as they are you should be very impressed with what throughput your getting. That being said, something is blocking your line of site. It doesn't matter if your using Mikrotik or anything else, with signals in the 80's your throughput is going to be limited.

Hope that helps.

wireless12

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:59 pm

It looks like you only have one chain enabled.

I wrote a tutorial for connecting two SXT's together...you might skip to the configuration section for details on how to get the best out of your connection.

http://www.wispforum.net/entry.php?5-Ho ... ode-Part-I
great job

technalogic
Topic Author

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:40 am

thank you for your help but i am also getting low TX/RR CCQ

BrinkNetworks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:47 am

There are several things that could cause poor CCQ

If you can - you need to improve your signal strengths. Try re-aligning the antenna's. If that doesn't help - You may need to switch to external antennas to get more gain.

If you haven't already - work through all of the different channels.

And you're image shows that your using ROS 4.17. You should be using the latest (5.1).

That won't necessarily help your signal strengths but it should insure your getting the best performance.

Hope that helps!

mahnet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:24 pm

3 km link and TX/RX signal is -79/80?? If the Noise around is not very bad for the Channel u have chosen this seems like a poorly aligned link.
The SXT's beam is like a grid and not like the panel we have been used to till now. It needs to be aligned with precision. Even inclination of the box is to be taken care. With Noise around -120 dbm TX/Rx should be around 65/68 or even less. CCQ should be well above 80%. Seems like there r buildings etc in between as well and the LOS is bad.
Check it and revert. But yes I have faced problems with CCQ using NV2. Try using 802.11

wireless12

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:56 pm

[quote=
If you can - you need to improve your signal strengths. Try re-aligning the antenna's. If that doesn't help - You may need to switch to external antennas to get more gain.
[/quote]

how can we attach external antenna to SXT. because its has integrated antenna.

Regards

technalogic
Topic Author

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Now i am getting this with Router OS 5x is this correct configuration ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BrinkNetworks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:41 am

Aside from your signal levels being too high to get the best performance....have you made sure that your settings match what I recommended at the blog link I posted?

Your signal strengths on chain 0 still make me believe you don't have both chains enabled.

mahnet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:03 am

i think he has problems with LOS and inclination

lazerusrm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:59 am

It looks to me like you may only have both HT chains enabled on ONE SXT.

Check the settings carefully and make sure both chain 0 and chain 1 are checked for tx/rx on both SXT's in the "HT" Tab.

Also, do not trust NV2 CCQ % Unless the link has matured and is under load, what i mean is allow the link to have some uptime, and some traffic over the interface for a period of time (10 minutes for example) otherwise the numbers mean nothing.

NV2 only starts to report a decently reliable CCQ under load, from what i have noticed in my testing.

As others have stated you have obstruction in your path, or mis-alignment of antennas.

With one chain at -90 DBM, you are basically operating in single chain mode.

technalogic
Topic Author

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:33 am

Dear lazerusrm
Hello thank you for your help but i select all chains on both sxt like this

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:30 pm

upgrade to RouterOS v5.2.
also most likely you have only A mode enabled as in the HT tab you should also see the ht-extension channel option which you can enable if you can use 2x20mhz channels.