MikroTik App

saintofinternet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

help / suggestion needed....

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:05 pm

hello guys,

i have recvd. a plan for an office layout and i have to suggest them a complete WiFi solution for the entire office.

your suggestions would be most useful on deciding how many number of access points (AP) to be used and which type (board, antenna etc.)

attaching the snapshot of the office layout in PNG format (filename: layout.png)

awaiting your replies.

regards,
-sid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

satish
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: help / suggestion needed....

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 pm

hi

i will suggest Nano loco.Because it will support up to 2Kms easily.

as per your layout you will need 4 or 5 devices. each will handle 20 to 30 people.

CCDKP
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: help / suggestion needed....

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:30 pm

As much as I love Mikrotik for routers and Point-to-point links, for generic wifi distribution like you are looking for, look into Ubiquiti UniFi. They are a nice managed AP designed for blanketing an indoor area.

Depending on how the network layout is, I typically use a RB450G as well to segregate the wireless on it's own VLAN. I like Mikrotik's hotspot better, as well as the ability to do QoS and DHCP (two things the UniFi does not do on its own).

Otherwise, take a look at the RB711-2Hn. 3-4 of those should give you all the coverage you need and then some.