Community discussions

MikroTik App

virgin
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik And Nano Loco 2

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:49 pm

We are going to deploy Wireless Internet in our city...Here we have a lots of interference so i go for Horizontol Polarisation ....We have a pan to buy 2 XR2 Cards, One RB433AH Board, 2 Horizontal 120 deg 17 dbi Sector anteenas..

But i m confused regarding our Client End CPE...our distributer suggested us Nano Loco 2 and tell us to use it on Horizontal Polarisation...Does Nano loco 2 work with Our scenario ?

Pls help me

Muqatil
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Mikrotik And Nano Loco 2

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Use some kind of Mikrotik CPE (RB711-2hn + your flavour enclosure = 90$) instead. If you use other vendors CPE you cannot use all the benefits of Mikrotik software (NV2)
Otherwise use all Ubiquity (Rocket as AP and Nano as clients)
I suggest the first choice btw

virgin
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Use some kind of Mikrotik CPE (RB711-2hn + your flavour enclosure = 90$) instead. If you use other vendors CPE you cannot use all the benefits of Mikrotik software (NV2)
Otherwise use all Ubiquity (Rocket as AP and Nano as clients)
Yeah the first choice would be better for me if they are in my budge...Nano Loco 2 cost u 50$ and Mikrotik 90$ makes a difference.

I just want to know does NanoLoco 2 really work well in horizontal Polarization ?

Muqatil
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:46 am

You save 40$ but you will save a lot of time spending fixing client connections.. which means $$$ saved.. make your consideration before buying anything :?

wireless12

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:44 pm

any specail reasons for that

Regards

wireless12

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:47 pm

You save 40$ but you will save a lot of time spending fixing client connections.. ?
is fixing client connections is not necessary with mikrotik. is NV2 is better then airmax.. pl z through some light.

Regards

MCT
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 pm

It would be better to ask about Ubiquiti gear on their forums. They get touchy here when people talk about it. I'd still recommend that you look at Mikrotik for routing as it's really hard to beat the price for all of the features. It may not have the reliability track record something like a Cisco router would have but you get a very competitive feature set for a fraction of the price.

You can even do a fault tolerant network design to prevent any single points of failure in your core network and still spend less than a single Cisco.

To be honest each company's gear has best use applications. Out of respect for the Mikrotik crew and their rules I'm not going to say anything about Ubiquity other than their gear boils down to a radio with either a connection for or an integrated antenna. They do make very good antennas though and the UBTik enclosure to put a RouterBoard on a Rocketdish is a great match.

Mikrotik's strongest point is it's flexibility. If I'm doing a long point to point links where I need a relay then I'm going to use a RouterBoard, especially if it's going to be remote and run on independent power. The why is pretty simple if you think about it. If you're using independent radios then you'll need a switch/router between them and you'll be powering three pieces of equipment. If you use a RouterBoard with two radio cards then you're only powering once piece of gear which simplifies the setup. If you add another set for redundancy then you're only powering two pieces of gear rather than six.

The Mikrotik setup may cost a little more but it balances out when you don't need to buy extra equipment for some things.

mahnet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:41 am

i got mikrotik 7112hn with cpe enclosure box and approx 14 dbi antenna for 60$. nano loco 2 is only 8 dbi antenna

Muqatil
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm not saying NV2 is better than AirMax. I'm saying that you have to use either one of them to avoid issues.
To use NV2 you need both AP and client to be Mikrotik
To use Airmax you need both AP and client to be Ubiquiti
It's up to you what you want to do, but mixing clients and AP doesn't bring any advantage.