Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

nv2 cell radius

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi, On Nv2 links if you look at the client side status even when the AP side is set to a cellradius say 43km the client end always reports 30km

I am not sure if it's a problem but on this link we do occasionally suffer wired perfomance on the upstream from the client which reports that value. I haven't been able to detect any interference but of course it could be randomly transmitted and not there when I test. I just thought I would mention this in case.

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: nv2 cell radius

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi, On Nv2 links if you look at the client side status even when the AP side is set to a cellradius say 43km the client end always reports 30km

I am not sure if it's a problem but on this link we do occasionally suffer wired perfomance on the upstream from the client which reports that value. I haven't been able to detect any interference but of course it could be randomly transmitted and not there when I test. I just thought I would mention this in case.
What is the actual distance from AP to this client.
N21roadie,
Network 100% MT for Now?

spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:51 pm

about 38km but in testing nv2 I think I found it was a bit better to specify slightly longer so the AP is set at 43km. And it's a point to point.

Mplsguy
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:07 pm

nv2-cell-radius setting does not affect what distance is detected for every particular client, therefore it is completely normal that detected distance (as reported on client and also in AP registration table for every connected client) stays the same no matter what this setting is set to. This setting specifies maximum distance between AP and client that AP will be able to detect. This setting is explained here along with setup guidelines: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Nv ... guring_Nv2