MikroTik App

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

SXT mac telnet strange issue

Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi guys,

I have 3 sxt (ROS 5.11 upgraded from 5.4) associated to AP with good signal but I can't connect them from remote via mac telnet to configure IP for provisioning. I used without problem the mac telnet via ethernet during the installation, I don't checked mac server because it is always enabled by factory settings on all interfaces... any idea?

Thank You Giuseppe

blake

Re: SXT mac telnet strange issue

Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm using SXT clients with WDS interfaces in a bridge & I was having this problem. I had to MAC telnet to the SXT's ether1 MAC instead of its wlan1 MAC.

chadd

Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:49 am

Hi guys,

I have 3 sxt (ROS 5.11 upgraded from 5.4) associated to AP with good signal but I can't connect them from remote via mac telnet to configure IP for provisioning. I used without problem the mac telnet via ethernet during the installation, I don't checked mac server because it is always enabled by factory settings on all interfaces... any idea?

Thank You Giuseppe
I have been having the exact same issue. Not using SXT's though but I have several PTP links set up as Bridge and Station WDS. I can't mac telnet from the bridge to the Station.

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:17 pm

I have found the problem: the latests SXT with ROS 5.4 have the mac server setted only to ethernet instead of all :(

Other differences found are the interfaces name ether1-local and wlan1-gateway instead of ether1 and wlan1

Giuseppe

linkwave
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:05 am

I have found the problem: the latests SXT with ROS 5.4 have the mac server setted only to ethernet instead of all :(

Other differences found are the interfaces name ether1-local and wlan1-gateway instead of ether1 and wlan1

Giuseppe
Have you tried the five eleven?

Lorenzo

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:29 am

Giuseppe
Have you tried the five eleven?

Lorenzo
That sounds like the default config. You can erase that config or set it up however you want. (MAC Server on any interface, rename interfaces, etc)

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:17 pm

That sounds like the default config. You can erase that config or set it up however you want. (MAC Server on any interface, rename interfaces, etc)
Yes it's the default config, I am quite new about MT.

Newer SXT with ROS 5.4 don't ask to remove configuration at first boot, so I need to reconfigure manually several paramaters to fit my standard configuration.

I have learned the lesson check everything before to deploy hardware :D

Regards Giuseppe

p.s. ciao lorenzo

linkwave
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Yes it's the default config, I am quite new about MT.

Newer SXT with ROS 5.4 don't ask to remove configuration at first boot, so I need to reconfigure manually several paramaters to fit my standard configuration.

I have learned the lesson check everything before to deploy hardware :D

Regards Giuseppe

p.s. ciao lorenzo
Hi Ciuseppe,
I suggest you to do these steps when you attempt to use a new "hardware":
1) update to the last RouterOS version you "need";
2) update the firmware of the RouterBoard accordingly;
3) reset the configuration with:
[admin@cippa.lippa] > system reset-configuration no-defaults=yes skip-backup=yes
With that you can be sure to start to work in a "fresh new" environment! :)

and more:
4) Develop a basic configuration script (.rsc) to fit your setup need, and you can load it with the reset command using:
[admin@cippa.lippa] > system reset-configuration no-defaults=yes skip-backup=yes run-after-reset=cippalippa.rsc
[Where cippalippa.rsc will be your configuration script you uploaded in the FILE before to launch the reset command]

These are very simple and commons tasks that you can learn in a basic training class ...... ;-)

See you at the MUM (!!!!) and Happy new Year,
Lorenzo

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Thank you for the suggestions

Giuseppe