Community discussions

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Access list rule

Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:53 am

i wanna set some rule for my client CPE's (they all are TPLINK-501G with patch anetnna.)

i wanna set different Rx, Tx limit for each different station of my access point using AP Access Rule policy.

for example i want that station A could be able to download not greater then 2Mbps(2048kbps) and could not upload at a speed greater then 512kbps as shown in the attached picture.

Similarly Station B can download not greater then 1 Mbps and upload not greater then 128 kbps.

although i set the AP Tx limit and client Tx limit for each user present in access list but i don't find the upload limit work exactly the way
i set in the client Tx limit. where i m wrong? i want the upload from any CPE should stricty dont cross as permit in the access rule policy of the AP.

actually i give 1:1 speed for my customer from my main router. i don't have enough resources in my bandwidth management to create such kind of plans. so i wanna set these rules in Ap Access rule policy, kindly suggest..

whenever the overall upload becomes more all clients receives many request time out in their pings hence their speed got slow.

kindly help how to set it.

Regards..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Access list rule

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:19 am

dear @all

no idea!!!!

Regards

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:34 pm

hello, knock knock anybody there?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 pm

if you have 3rd party clients (cpe) then the upload limit from the clients will not be limited as it isn't possible to tell the client not to send the traffic so fast. If you would have Mikrotik CPE it would use those upload limits.

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:02 pm

if you have 3rd party clients (cpe) then the upload limit from the clients will not be limited as it isn't possible to tell the client not to send the traffic so fast. If you would have Mikrotik CPE it would use those upload limits.
Thx for reply,
but it work when i set same values in AP Tx limit and Client Tx limit.

for example if i set Access Rule for a client as shown in picture then it works...i have tested it. actually one of my customer was running with a plan of 512 kbps down and 512kbps up, he asked me to increase his speed to 1 Mbps and i did the same from my core router, as i had changed his package to 1 Mbps. but he didn't able to receive 1 Mbps, he reported this to me but i didn't find any problem after looking into the matter for 2 days but suddenly my mind recall that i have put a RX and TX limit in Access rule. i immediately changed the RX and TX values to 1 Mbps and soon he could able to pull 1 Mbps.

the story is if the TX and RX value are set to same values it works. and if it works then why it does not work they way i need.

Regards..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:10 pm

dear@all
No ideas...??