Community discussions

MikroTik App

includepr
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless CPE installation (Health)

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:56 am

Hi, My ISP installed a 5GHz Wireless CPE to provide internet access. The current CPE connected is an Ubiquiti Airgrid 5ghz 11x24 that is not working properly and they told me that they plan to install a Mikrotik CPE with R52nM radio and 25Dbi Grid Antenna. Since I dont have roof access they installed the antenna right next to the windows in my room. I just wanted to know if the RF coming out of the CPE can have adverse health effects on us living at the house.

Here is the current CPE picture. They plan to install the Mikrotik one next week. Thanks for the replies.

http://i.imgur.com/kUFrB.jpg

lazerusrm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Wireless CPE installation (Health)  [SOLVED]

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:47 am

Nothing to worry about buddy. you get more radiation standing in front of your microwave.

everything is very low power, and your cell phone is more of a hazard to your health. :)

includepr
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Wireless CPE installation (Health)

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Nothing to worry about buddy. you get more radiation standing in front of your microwave.

everything is very low power, and your cell phone is more of a hazard to your health. :)
Thanks for the reply.

Can anyone please provide any information on studies that have been made that support the evidence of no adverse health effects on long range point to point RF link equipment.