As I mentioned, I added another device behind R9 and set R9 inside full transparent bridge with R8. So the traffic is passed to this new device. I swapped from VPLS to WDS transparent bridge. Now I have less packet losses (3% over 4 wireless bridges), but I still cannot push over last bridge more than 50 mbps. It looks like there's something wrong with either RB433AH or 5.11.
I contacted support and am waiting for their reply.
Again, is or has anyone expirienced the similar situation?
Something is very wrong with passing traffic trough the bridge and I do not know what. Here is an output of the transparent bridge setup on R9:
BRIDGE PORT STATUS:
Flags: X - disabled, R - running
0 R name="loopback" mtu=1500 l2mtu=65535 arp=enabled mac-address=02:AD:50:F2:78:05 protocol-mode=none priority=0x8000 auto-mac=yes admin-mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 max-message-age=20s forward-delay=15s transmit-hold-count=6 ageing-time=5m
1 R name="bridge1" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 arp=enabled mac-address=00:0C:42:92:AA:77 protocol-mode=rstp priority=0x8000 auto-mac=yes admin-mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 max-message-age=20s forward-delay=15s transmit-hold-count=6 ageing-time=5m
Flags: X - disabled, I - inactive, D - dynamic
0 interface=2-ETH bridge=bridge1 priority=0x80 path-cost=10 edge=auto point-to-point=auto external-fdb=auto horizon=none
2 D interface=wlan1 bridge=bridge1 priority=0x80 path-cost=100 edge=no point-to-point=yes external-fdb=no horizon=none
Flags: X - disabled, I - invalid, D - dynamic
# ADDRESS NETWORK INTERFACE
0 172.16.0.1/27 172.16.0.0 ether3
1 10.100.0.9/32 10.100.0.9 loopback
2 10.100.2.14/30 10.100.2.12 wlan1
3 172.16.0.206/28 172.16.0.192 bridge1
Flags: X - disabled, R - running
0 R name="wlan1" mtu=1500 mac-address=00:15:6D:84:9C:8F arp=enabled disable-running-check=no interface-type=Atheros 11N radio-name="00156D849C8F" mode=station-wds ssid="ECP-NLSO" area="" frequency-mode=superchannel country=no_country_set antenna-gain=0 frequency=5370 band=5ghz-onlyn channel-width=20/40mhz-ht-below scan-list=5300-5500 wireless-protocol=nv2 rate-set=configured supported-rates-a/g="" basic-rates-a/g="" max-station-count=2007 distance=dynamic tx-power-mode=default noise-floor-threshold=default nv2-noise-floor-offset=default periodic-calibration=default periodic-calibration-interval=60 dfs-mode=no-radar-detect wds-mode=dynamic wds-default-bridge=bridge1 wds-default-cost=100 wds-cost-range=50-150 wds-ignore-ssid=no update-stats-interval=disabled bridge-mode=enabled default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0 proprietary-extensions=post-2.9.25 wmm-support=disabled hide-ssid=no security-profile=default disconnect-timeout=3s on-fail-retry-time=100ms preamble-mode=both compression=no allow-sharedkey=no station-bridge-clone-mac=00:00:00:00:00:00 ht-ampdu-priorities=0,1 ht-guard-interval=long ht-supported-mcs=mcs-7,mcs-10,mcs-11,mcs-13,mcs-16,mcs-17,mcs-18,mcs-19,mcs-20,mcs-21,mcs-22,mcs-23 ht-basic-mcs=mcs-7,mcs-10,mcs-11 ht-txchains=0,1 ht-rxchains=0,1 ht-amsdu-limit=8192 ht-amsdu-threshold=8192 tdma-period-size=2 nv2-queue-count=2 nv2-qos=default nv2-cell-radius=30 nv2-security=disabled nv2-preshared-key="" hw-retries=12 frame-lifetime=0 adaptive-noise-immunity=client-mode hw-fragmentation-threshold=disabled hw-protection-mode=none hw-protection-threshold=0 frequency-offset=0 rate-selection=advanced
Flags: X - disabled, R - running, S - slave
0 name="ether1-PoE" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1526 mac-address=00:0C:42:92:AA:76 arp=enabled auto-negotiation=yes full-duplex=yes speed=100Mbps
1 R name="2-ETH" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 mac-address=00:0C:42:92:AA:77 arp=enabled auto-negotiation=yes full-duplex=yes speed=100Mbps master-port=none bandwidth=unlimited/unlimited switch=switch1
2 R name="ether3" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 mac-address=00:0C:42:92:AA:78 arp=enabled auto-negotiation=no full-duplex=yes speed=100Mbps master-port=none bandwidth=unlimited/unlimited switch=switch1
On the other side of the bridge, on R8
everything is similar. Wireless card in AP-bridge, dynamic WDS (used to be VPLS) in bridge with ETH, running under RSTP protocol. On top of the bridge, there is administrative IP address. ETH is set at 100 Mbps /FD. No firewall, conntrack off.
So, regardless I set VPLS or WDS, this points to a problem with Bridge and passing traffic trough it (I might got this discussion in a wrong topic ... SORRY!!!). Anyhow, I cannot see why. From ethernet side I get 100 Mbps TCP inside the bridge. From wireless side I get also about 100 Mbps TCP (CPU slams at 100% above 93 - test done from Border router). But it just isn't going trough!!!
Please, anyone ... look over and see if you can spot anything.
In a meantime, I'm gonna change the routerboard tonight and hope it will solve the problem.