Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

Krusty
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wireless WDS setup, cannot see LAN network ..

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:55 am

Hello everybody,

can somebody be please so kind and help me with WDS setup?

Here is scenario. I have two wireless APs on my company, both are connected to same LAN and for now they are configured as stand alone AP. All I want is create WDS Wireless APs with same SSID, so that users coming from one AP to another wont have to switch to second AP.

I have tryied this tutorial http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Mesh_wds. Configuration goes well, I have sucesfully created WDS network, both routers see each other, they created WDS dynamicaly, connectet client is switched between both APs so thats cool, BUT.

when I connect to this wireless network Im not able to reach LAN network, did I mist something ?

please help somebody :)

thank you

Bergante
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Wireless WDS setup, cannot see LAN network ..

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:38 pm

I don't understand why you are using WDS. If they are connected to the same wired network, just set the same SSID and, of course, the same authentication parameters. The clients will connect to the strongest signal.

Krusty
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Wireless WDS setup, cannot see LAN network ..

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 pm

I don't understand why you are using WDS. If they are connected to the same wired network, just set the same SSID and, of course, the same authentication parameters. The clients will connect to the strongest signal.
you want to say me it is that easy? Shame on me, if yes :o)