Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

bodhiguy
just joined
Topic Author

SR2 Pain: Please Help !

Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:31 pm

Forum. We, unfortuneately, purchased a truck load of SR2s from WISP Router. After numerous truck rolls, cancelled subscribers, and hundreds of lost hours of labor, we have come to the conclusion that these cards should have never been released to the WISP market !

We have attempted to adjust the power output all the way down to 20dB and still cannot keep the cards live for more than a few minutes. Subscribers realize good speeds for a few minutes, but then qucikly fall out of the registration table.

We are using RB532s and are pleased with the routerboard products and the service at WISP Router, but needless to say these cards have caused us a tremendous amount of lost time and confidence from our customers.

Looks like we will be going back to Prism based cards.

ANY advise is greatly appreciated.
It's called Gratitude, and that's right.

illiniwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:45 am

I had just recently purchased an rb532 with 1 cm9 and 1 sr2. I was also having a problem with customers connection. I tried all kinds of settings then decided to swap the sr2 with another 1. When said and done I still had the same problem. At this point I started changing all setting and think that I found a good combination. I set the card TX power to 8db, then set max clients to 50. If you try this and still have problems let me know and I can get all the settings for you.

djape

Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:19 am

Well folks

One thing is sure Atheros based cards are faster and have better performance but are extremely sensitive to noise!
I am using cm9's when it's possible, but in some installations I had to stick with prism cards.
It's all about noise, don't think twice, if you checked cables, antennas etc. and cm9 is not working properly (latency, wierd disconnections) just go for prism card.

Cheers and Happy Seasons :)
I drink like a pirate and smoke like a hippie...