Community discussions

MikroTik App

BrinkNetworks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

2.4GHz MIMO Antenna / Enclosure - Testers Needed

Fri May 04, 2012 12:43 am

We'd like to get some feedback on a new antenna/enclosure we recently started carrying.

We're providing the enclosure free of charge to US customers...just pay shipping (for the curious...we're not marking up shipping...we're just looking for feedback).

The dollar amount is credited to the total order amount at checkout and can be applied to just the enclosure or the 711-2HnD combo.

Note..we're giving 1 per customer to the first 15 customers.

Use Coupon Code:

DQL9IBH279

http://www.brinknetworks.com/jirous-ja-215-mimo/

Here's a YouTube video of assembly....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWl6F09E7SU

Thank's in advance to testers! 8)
Last edited by BrinkNetworks on Fri May 04, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

0ldman
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 2.4GHz MIMO Antenna / Enclosure - Testers Needed

Fri May 04, 2012 1:05 am

Have you hit 15 yet?

BrinkNetworks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri May 04, 2012 1:08 am

Still some left :D

0ldman
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 04, 2012 1:17 am

There's one less. :)

TheWiFiGuy

Fri May 04, 2012 1:47 am

Ive found the mounting bracket assemby not too great on the jirrus enclosures as its affixed to one side and stresses a lotmin windy locations..

BrinkNetworks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri May 04, 2012 2:43 am

Interesting.....could it be disgruntled customers taking a bat to it?

In addition to Brink Networks - we operate a WISP located in Edmond, Oklahoma. We have deployed 500+ Jirous enclosures over a 3 year period in an area known as Tornado Alley. Here's a recent local weather article mentioning expected wind speeds ( Sustained south winds of 20-35 mph with gusts of 40-50 mph) from storms passing through the area. We get dozens of these storm systems every year. We use these"Heavy Duty" side mounts occasionally and once visited a site where the box was still attached to the pole but the pole had broken from the mount.

It's nice and sunny here today so I couldn't run out and film a box being attacked by our winds....so I did the next best thing - I Hung from it :lol:

I weigh 175 Lbs and did this multiple times.

You'll have to forgive my casual - not fit for a tower - dress code - my son had a program earlier today and my wife likes me to look presentable :)

Regarding the testing - we're looking for frequency Gain and overall environment performance feedback....we're already fairly confident that at the price these boxes are very sturdy.

Here's video of the test as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pic_XODx ... e=youtu.be

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

Fri May 04, 2012 3:42 am

+1

BrinkNetworks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri May 04, 2012 10:43 pm

We still have a few left 8) ....Greatly appreciate the testers that have already ordered!

0ldman
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 09, 2012 9:42 pm

The enclosures are tiny, seem decently manufactured, especially for the price (even if I paid for it!).

The gasket was a little odd to get in line, didn't take but a second to find that you start at the bottom.

I would prefer the ethernet passthrough be more like the ones offered by Laird, never have to crack open the case to connect/disconnect, but this is easily remedied by ordering the passthrough with the antenna.

I set a RB Crossroads in an ARC 16dBi enclosure beside the Jirous 14dBi dual polarity with an RB711A 2HND.

Just quick and dirty testing, v-polarity AP, Crossroads being the best CPE radio I've had, ARC antennas being quite reliable, in my office going through walls, metal roof, etc, both systems get around -77 to -81dB, Crossroads/ARC gets about 3Mb up and down. Jirous + 711A 2HND gets 5Mb down and 10Mb up, this is on a loaded AP, testing over an hour or so, several times per unit.

I will definitely do more testing, but a quick glance looks pretty impressive. I really didn't expect much out of a 14dBi antenna.

Hotz1

Thu May 10, 2012 3:26 pm

+1
-1 ! :)