Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

ohara
Topic Author

HT Guard Interval change - disconnect

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:03 am

Hi, it's a new installation. I changed HT Guard Interval on CPE from 'long' to 'any'. The CPE disconnected with control frame timeout and does not connect again. It's a 5Ghz long range network. Any ideas if I can do anything about it or do I have to go my way back to the unit again? Thanks.

mgutz2
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: HT Guard Interval change - disconnect

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:49 am

whats cpe model is it? the major models of cpe on mikrotik have the watch dog activate, maybe you have activate it and the client are restarting.

zyzelis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 am

I changed HT Guard Interval on CPE from 'long' to 'any'. The CPE disconnected with control frame timeout and does not connect again. It's a 5Ghz long range network.
Hello,
if you are using NV2 protocol, please note, that NV2 do not support short (400ns) HT guard interval. It means that setting "any" is useless.

ohara
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:11 am

RB433 + R52Hn, nv2, watchdog disabled. I went to the site and it seems as if the radio configuration got reset, because the radio settings changed to 2Ghz operating band from 5Ghz. In the CPE memory syslog I can only see reconnect attempts, so there is no way to check what exactly happened at disconnect time. Dunno how this happened at all, no auto suppout file was created.

Anyhow, I learned that CPE settings must not be changed straight after leaving the customer's premises. On the other had I would love to see a similar method of applying radio settings like applying screen res. settings in Windows - one has to confirm it within a specific amount of time, otherwise it will switch back.
NV2 do not support short (400ns) HT guard interval. It means that setting "any" is useless.
Thanks for the advice, I could have sworn that changing long to 'any' increased bandwith on some 5Ghz-N/nv2 ptmp links. I'll take a closer look at this - I might be wrong. Cheers.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 am

Nv2 wireless protocol supports short guard interval.

ohara
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:53 am

Nv2 wireless protocol supports short guard interval.
Great, thanks Uldis! By the way, the nv2 webfig skin (http://www.mikrotik.com/download/share/nv2.json) that is linked on the wiki page does not exist. Can you upload the file to the wiki again? It would be useful to see which options are nv2 specific.

bbmax1
just joined

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:44 am

hello ..
can get some help bout this subject .. ht guard intervan and addaptive noise immunity
Ali Talib ..